5.10.2013

I never met a man who was so pretty inside

  1. Have you ever lost someone without having the chance to say goodbye?
    yes. The timing for this is, as it probably always would be, rough--someone I met when I was thirteen years old passed away today, leaving behind a wife and small children. How can anyone be prepared for a loss like that? Hold tight to those you love, and be true about what's in your heart.
  2. How do you feel about women in politics?
    politics is just politics, and has nothing to do with gender or race or age or preference
  3. Would you rather have an indoor Jacuzzi or an outdoor pool?
    indoor--though the length of my hair combined with the jets in a hot tub make me a little leery
  4. What things are you interested in that you study or read about regularly?
    poetry (mid- to late-19th century, mostly); history (WWII, Panama Canal); philosophy; psychology & neuroscience (don't tell); art
  5. Would you consider yourself to be intelligent?
    I get by
  6. Would you consider yourself to be wise?
    I have my moments
  7. Have you ever given or received a lap dance?
    now, wouldn't this answer either make or break the last two?

    Not sure if this will come as a surprise to anyone, but I've done neither of those, though the issue's been raised more than once.
  8. Have you ever spoken to a homeless person?
    um, yeah. (Who wrote this? Were they raised on an island?)
  9. Would you ever creep into the subway tunnels to go exploring?
    God, no
  10. If you could add 70 years to your life but only by making some random person die 70 years sooner would you?
    And Again: God, no. "Some Random Person" certainly does not fall within the utilitarian model. Besides, who would want to live to 140 years of age? That would be awful.
  11. Can you identify any of the following lyrics?
    [blah blah blah] Nope, I could not. I know hundreds, maybe thousands, of songs from memory, and can Shazam or Google what I don't know, and I still didn't care to figure out what those three little bits were. It's funny, I think, how little I care about popular culture anymore.
  12. Are you worried about North Korea?
    no. I think about South Korea now and then, though.
  13. Would you rather be a world political leader or a talk-show host?
    "c", none of the above. There are those among us why would prefer not to communicate verbally, ever.
  14. Have you ever given someone a love letter that you wrote?
    of course
  15. Have you ever sent someone a surprise though the mail?
    yes. It has had a decreasing effect, though, lately, to the point that I think it's not worth the bother.
  16. Are you looking forward to any dates right now? Vacation perhaps?
    let's don't even talk about vacations, shall we?
  17. Of all animated movies, which is the best one you've ever seen?
    I really don't think that they can be compared. I loved The Lorax, which is about environmentalism, but I also loved Despicable Me, which features a very endearing anti-hero. And The Incredibles was a laugh-riot. Each was very good in its own way. I refuse to choose.
  18. What are the best bands or songs to listen to while driving?
    though I have an enormous number of playlists and options from which to select, I nearly always revert to Sister Hazel and Vertical Horizon while making the IL to MN drive.
  19. What do you think is the most amazing thing that anyone has ever accomplished?
    lately, I've been thinking a lot about Johnnie Walker, and how he managed to love me in spite of a whole lot of obstacles that fell in his path. I (obviously) didn't realize what that meant, then, or what it would mean a few years later, still. Amazing? Hell, yes.
  20. What could a member of the opposite sex do to impress you?
    Stop thinking with your [&|^+], be honest, and respect yourself.

[from The Cat {as part of a multi-post set}, who got it here; the title quotation is from "Johnny Feelgood" by Liz Phair]

4 comments:

  1. Where is Johnnie Walker today, or is that a stupid question?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is on the west coast, with his child and her mother (both of whom entered his life years after we parted)--as far as I know, though I deliberately try not to know where/how he is anymore. I wish him well, and the best that I can do to advance that is to stay completely out of his life.

      Delete
  2. I love the confluence of the last two answers, but I'm a little confused: I can't find [&|^+] in the dictionary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should've linked [&|^+] to make it more clear, eh?

      There were quite a few questions - or prehaps just my responses - that seemed obviously tied in this one.

      Delete