- Name your favorite movie actor:
I would watch Jean Reno in anything he chose to do, ever, no matter what. I think he's brilliant.
- Name your favorite movie actress:
Parker Posey. She's one of those incredibly cool people who doesn't seem motivated by others' perception.
- Name your favorite TV actor:
at the moment, I can't get enough of Michael Ealy, from Almost Human. He imbues an android character with more charm, intelligence, and pure sweetness than anyone else out there.
- Name your favorite TV actress:
Cote de Pablo. Can't wait to see what she does next.
- Name your favorite television show right now:
Almost Human. It's funny, smart, and well-plotted--and the guys have terrific chemistry. I hope it continues to push limits.
- Name a few really cool movies you've recently seen:
Cool? Hmm. Apart from what I've written about already, I've recently seen
- Now You See Me--a solid "meh." Jesse Eisenberg is sort of annoying, Isla Fisher is, too. And you either adore Mark Ruffalo or....
- Knight and Day--better than I would've thought. Tom Cruise before he was a couch-jumping nut-job, and Cameron Diaz prior to her appearance-altering Botox phase.
- Prisoners--creepy as Hell, and not terribly enjoyable at that. I'm discovering that I don't much like Hugh Jackman; he's too intense for me, along the same lines as Joaquin Phoenix.
- Your favorite canceled television show:
ReGenesis, the Canadian science suspense show starring Peter Outerbridge. There's never been such intelligent television. I just wish the creators (or whomever owns the rights) would put out the final three seasons on DVD. What's the point in releasing one of the four, except to be incredibly assholish?
- Name one movie you wish you hadn't wasted time/money on recently:
I'm glad that I didn't try to watch the recent Joss Whedon Much Ado About Nothing release, since the first half hour felt like a cheese grater in my brain.
- You would never watch a movie with:
I'd really rather not give them any more credit or attention than they've already gotten. Back-channel, I'd be more than happy to fill you in on Eyeballs, Squinty-Face, The Lips That Ate Hollywood, and the rest. It's just not happening here.
- Favorite candy/food to watch movies with:
Coke & popcorn at the theater, and whatever's handy at home--though I'm not a big snacker in any case
- Three favorite TV channels:
FX, Fox, and The Golf Channel
- Favorite reality or competition show:
I never watch them. Ever. EVER. I loathe the whole concept.
- Cable or satellite?
- Do you watch more movies at home or at the theater?
- Is there a time of year that you watch more TV?
I used to watch more "during the season" but now that seasons overlap and new ones start at varying times of year, I've got something capturing my interest nearly all the time. I try to avoid it, but somehow it finds me!
[from The Cat, who got it here; the title quotation is by Pam Houston, from Cowboys Are My Weakness: Stories, and reads in its entirety: “I've been to a lot of school and read a lot of thick books, but at my very core there's a made-for-TV-movie mentality I don't think I will ever shake.”]