- Do you feel like there's something missing in your life?
Nothing like a gentle start!
Yes, I feel like things are missing from my life. Some of it is literal (that scarf that Heidi made for me, the Christmas tree that Dad and I built last year, both pairs of winter boots, the blue chair, the books that I'd like to read, that pan that would work well for the cake I'd like to bake...) and some of it is figurative. Some of it will come back to me, some I can retrieve at will, and some may appear in new form some other day. And some is lost forever, by my own choice, another's, or the force of some will that I do not at this point understand.
- Do you live on your own?
in some ways, don't we all?
I currently share a home with my best friend, her husband, and their two cats.
- Are you feeling uneasy about anything?
- What's the longest amount of time you can remember going without a shower or bath?
I was a child who loved to play outside, and was not concerned with whether I was breaking small-r rules. I'm sure I never hit double-digits in the number of days without bathing, but I lived a wonderfully carefree lifestyle as a youngster.
- Does the sight of blood disturb you?
it's not my favorite thing in the world, for sure, but I can handle it
- Do you know who you want to spend the rest of your life with?
Ha! I'm getting better at recognizing with whom I'm not interested in spending any time. Points for that, at least?
- Do you hate drama?
nah, I'll usually go for that ahead of what passes for comedy these days
- Would you rather go blind or deaf?
I'd rather do neither of these, thanks
- What would you do if you found out your partner was HIV+?
first, I'd try to determine how I'd managed to acquire a partner without knowing it
- Have you ever been to the Deep South?
- What is your favorite blog?
this one, of course. Who would dare say otherwise?
- Where is the person you care about the most?
tricky! I suppose that the person to whom one's brain flies when one reads that question is...something, eh?
- Do you have any plans for later?
- Do you try to eat healthy?
I try. I've even had some sugar-free stuff lately...ahem.
- Have you/could you give up eating meat?
- Do you eat at McDonald’s/BK ever? What do you get?
only if someone else buys it. I literally can't remember the last time I was in one of those restaurants.
- When is the last time you saw your best friend?
an hour-ish, or a little over a month, or about four months, or a couple of enormously eventful years
- Do you think babies are cute or annoying?
that depends a whole Hell of a lot on their parents. The ones I see (i.e. hear) every day are almost invariably annoying as all get-out.
- Do you cringe at the thought of some of the stupid things you did as a child?
- Are you afraid of being alone forever?
truth be told, that's likely my future. I'm becoming accustomed to it, if not resigned.
- Would you rather go without shaving your legs (if you're a girl) for 2 weeks or go without wearing deodorant for 2 weeks?
shaving, of course
- Ever tried buying anything/eaten at a restaurant when you realized you didn't have enough money to pay?
I've had to use a credit card for something that I'd thought to buy with cash once or twice, yes. It's a surprisingly humiliating feeling.
- Ever taken a pregnancy test?
yes. I passed.
- Would you like receiving flowers or do you think that's tacky?
I've received flowers several times. I don't recall "tacky" entering into it at all. It's a lovely, loving feeling.
- Has anyone ever told you that you should model?
yes, and I believed him. Such was the self-awareness of nineteen-year-old me.
- Do you like where you are right now?
it's a good couch, yes
- Are you in support of gay marriage?
this is more than a blog-quiz question/answer
- Do you have trouble eating anything that looks or smells really gross even if it tastes good?
think your way out from "gross" and figure it out yourself
- Do you like to text a lot? If so, on average, about how many do you think you send in a day?
I don't particularly like it, but there are days when I probably send and receive a few hundred. There will also be days when there are none. On average, maybe 20?
- Is there something you plan on accomplishing after doing this survey?
sleep. Just sleep.
- Is your room usually clean or messy?
yep, both. It's an exceedingly complex system of stacking, leaning, organization, and hope.
- What pisses you off a whole lot?
unreliability. Just do what you say what you've committed to do, and do not do what's not yours to do.
- Is there any smell you like that a lot of people don't or seems weird?
cigarette smoke. It makes zero sense, because it is a strong connection with someone I cannot stand (actually, two someones) and I realize all the myriad health dangers. But scent triggers are uncontrollable, and that one is beyond me.
- Are you completely comfortable with your sexuality?
in the way that this question is intended: yes, of course I am.
But in the sense that I'm not in a relationship, or where to get a hug from a guy I'd need to barter or give up something I'm not willing to lose, then no, not really.
[from the usual source (as part of a longer post that I divided), who got it here; the title quotation is by Pablo Picasso]