7.05.2014

curiouser and curiouser.

  1. When you wash your hands, do you use the cold or hot tap?
    more cold than hot--call it "cool"
  2. If you had to be straight/gay for a day (whichever you’re currently not!), what celebrity would you most like to take on a date?
    so, the question is really: what is my lesbian 'type'?
    I'm sure it's more than enough to say that I'd be thrilled to spend a "date" (platonic, of course) with Parker Posey.
  3. What is the biggest injury you’ve ever sustained and how did you do it?
    "biggest"? In terms of geographic area?

    I'm pretty sure I've had a concussion or two (playground falls). I've broken a few bones. But the big one was probably that time that I overdosed, which is a combination illness and injury.
  4. What is the most unusual food you’ve ever eaten?
    liver sausage sautéed in flaming brandy. It was about 50 miles past revolting.
  5. What is the most unique animal you’ve ever touched?
    please trust me when I tell you this: 'unique' is an absolute, and can never, ever be modified by the word 'most.' It is akin to 'alive,' 'pregnant,' and 'dead' in this regard.

    That being said, I am not one for touching strange animals. I don't think I've ever gone beyond the average housepet/farm creature.
  6. What’s the most expensive gift you’ve ever bought for someone? How much did it cost and who was it for?
    a camera. The cost is not something I'm willing to discuss. It was for my former boyfriend. The rationale is the most germane issue, really. It was a last-ditch effort to formalize the relationship, and by giving him something that I knew that I really, really wanted, I thought it would be enough to make him realize that I was, too. That was, to put it mildly, not the actual result. I learned a lot about gift-giving, truth, and my own capacity for willful blindness through that experience.
  7. Which 3 countries would you LEAST like to live in and why?
    short of making a list of all the countries in the world and printing them in reverse order, I'm going to guess that anyplace with a war going on (with the specific exception of Iraq, for reasons that I'm not willing to get into), or rampant disease or natural disaster would be right up there on my 'No' list
  8. If you could make just ONE change to this world, what would it be and why?
    change begins at home--I'd start with a new job for myself, and work out from there. Why? I should think that it would have become clear by this point!
  9. If you could wake up tomorrow and be fluent in 3 additional languages, which would you choose?
    Gaelic, Spanish, and Italian
  10. Which would you rather out of these 3 options? A: Be good looking and extremely intelligent but so poor you live on the streets. B: Be extremely intelligent and a millionaire but what society classes as ugly. Or C: Be good looking and a millionaire but extremely academically challenged? Why?
    C, hands down. I've always been very intrigued by the idea of being blissfully ignorant, of not knowing what I was missing. That scenario seems like a good start for getting to that feeling.
  11. What are the top 10 movies to make you cry? (Or at least make you sad!)
    These aren't the top ten, but they're the first ten that I can think of. (Seriously, who would have a "top ten" of something like this?)
    • The Big Blue (Le Grand Bleu)
    • Ghost
    • Dead Poets Society
    • The Remains of the Day
    • Charlotte’s Web
    • Awakenings
    • Steel Magnolias
    • Casablanca
    • The Fisher King
    • Black Book
  12. What’s the scariest nightmare you’ve ever had? Describe it in detail.
    I don't know about the scariest, but I recently had one where I was sleeping (in the dream) and woke to realize that there was a man - who I did not know - sitting on the edge of my bed. He was younger than me, red-haired and muscular, wearing jeans and a white old-styled Superman t-shirt. He was smiling a huge smile as I woke. I was confused at first, but it quickly became apparent that he had broken in and was sitting there waiting for me to wake up so that he could kill me. (Killing me in my sleep would be less rewarding.) I began screaming as he started to move toward me, still smiling the huge smile, and woke myself up (for real) screaming, only it was the hoarse trying-to-scream-but-not-really-screaming little "aaaaaahhhhhh" squeaks of nightmares.
  13. Would you rather raise 25 children or have the chance of ever having children taken away? Why?
    I'll take none, thanks. Why? IS THAT NOT OBVIOUS?!
  14. Would you rather go on a relaxing beach type holiday to the Caribbean, a cultural holiday to Japan or an adventure packed holiday to South Africa?
    Caribbean, please. Ask me again in a year.
  15. If you went to a desert island for just 6 months but could only take one album with you, what would you take?
    it would have to be a mix, or I'd lose my damn mind. I'm currently working my way through the Ulysses Poseidon Socrates mixes. There's some good stuff there--better than the relationship was worth, really.
  16. Put these in order of your favourite movie genre to least: Horror, action, thriller, adventure, superhero, romance, drama, comedy, musical and dance?
    • action
    • drama
    • comedy
    • thriller
    • adventure
    • romance
    • dance
    • musical
    • horror
    • superhero
  17. If you had to lose one of the 5 senses, which would you choose and why?
    smell. I don't know that I use it all that often, and a lot of the time it's just bringing me what I didn't really want anyway.
  18. What have been the top 3 most brilliant days of this year? Describe them in as much or as little detail as you like.
    wedding. friends. family.
  19. What do you believe we as human beings take most for granted in this world?
    simple kindness. The touch of a loved one's hand as they walk past you and touch your back. "I'm going to the store - can I pick up anything for you?" Listening all the way through to the end before starting to ask questions or tell their own story. "I'm going that way too - can I give you a ride?" Just the really basic, everyday stuff that, when you think about it, makes up the foundation of happiness.
  20. How many concerts have you been to in your life and which was your favourite? If you’ve not been to one, who would you most like to see?
    I've been to a few, maybe ten total. My favorite was Depeche Mode, with Incubus not far behind. I'm not such a fan of huge crowds of people, tons of sound and all that, but under the right circumstances it can be an absolute blast. I'd love to see Sister Hazel sometime. It seems like their shows are pretty intimate and fun.

[random survey pulled from here; the title quotation is by Lewis Carroll, from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass]

2 comments:

  1. We clearly have totally different movie taste... ;-)

    I've stolen this. Of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our lack of carbon-copy-ness just gives us more to talk about, right? ;)

      Delete