9.14.2014

you can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club

  • What kind of blog do you have?
    you tell me. I suppose it's mostly this, kind of unstructured Seinfeldian blathering about myself, books/movies/music, occasional photos, and sporadic blasts of poetry.
  • How many posts do you have?
    2411, plus another dozen or two in draft at any one time
  • How many blogs [and other sites] do you follow?
    there are 38 in my Bloglines profile. A few of those are inactive, while others produce hundreds of posts each week. I don't know if the total posts-to-be-read has ever been lower than 500.
  • How many followers do you have?
    it varies a great deal--some inexplicably heavy-hitter posts have reached the 1200+ hit range, while others have literally zero individual click-throughs. Given how frequently I take breaks from writing, though, I can't complain that y'all take breaks from checking in.
  • How often do you change your theme?
    it's been years. Does that appeal? Shall I give it a go?
  • How often do you change your icon?
    again, not for ages. Since I've tried fairly hard to make this space "me-but-not-me", updating the photo and details seems spectacularly unimportant relative to churning out new content.
  • Do you have any favorite blogs?
    The Cat's clearinghouse of all things quizzical, Sweet Memes, is always good for a laugh and to make me think. I love xkcd--and his book is flipping awesome. And my favorite celebrity (?) blog is that of fantasy author Patrick Rothfuss.
  • Do you ever send anonymous messages to other people?
    only through my foil cap
  • Do you ever get anon hate?
    see previous answer
  • Have you made any friends through your blog?
    I've made friends. I've made enemies. I met the love of my life. I've been reacquainted with very old friends from various stages, thanks to an evolving appreciation for nicknames and vagueness. Blogs are social networks, after all.
  • What’s your favorite thing about blogging?
    the creation of something beautiful and enduring
  • What’s your least favorite thing about blogging?
    toiling in obscurity, feeling like the best of what I've done goes unnoticed, while some of the biggest hits were churned out with little thought or effort

[from the usual source, who got it here; the title quotation is by Jack London]

No comments:

Post a Comment