4.15.2015

stupidity is one of the two things we see most clearly in retrospect. The other is missed chances

  • What's your favourite biscuit to dunk?
    I'm not much of a dunker, but crispy chocolate chip cookies are pretty good when they're not too dunk-soggy
  • Which would you rather have if you had to, a broken leg or a broken arm?
    arm. It would make me crazy to be truly immobile.
  • Do you read a daily newspaper?
    I glance at it more now than I have in years, just because of the house-hunting. My landlords take the local paper on Fridays through Sundays, and there's also a copy at work every day.
  • Do you watch the news on TV?
    just about daily. So weird. I'm looking forward to being done with that when I relocate again.
  • Have you ever had anything published?
    I have. If I told you what it was, you'd pass the F out.
  • Do you believe in love at first sight?
    sure. Why not? It's at least as plausible as finding a decent guy over time.
  • How many remote controls do you have in your house?
    I can see five from where I'm sitting. There are also a number of them packed in boxes in the basement, along with various individual ones for odd things like fans and speakers. It's a very techy household.
  • Have you ever been in a hot tub or sauna?
    um, yeah. There was a sauna at a health club of which I was a member, briefly. And the hot tub thing was big for a while in a life I used to lead, long ago and far away.
  • Have you ever had chicken pox?
    I did, the summer after kindergarten. I have a scar in my eyebrow but that's it (as far as I can tell).
  • Do you own a lava lamp?
    no, and I wish that I did! The one I had pooped out after many years of service. I want one for my rec room--when I get a rec room!
  • What is your one major weakness?
    certainty--I either have it in excess or I can't find it anywhere
  • What's been the best decision you've made in your life so far?
    ending my marriage. I know how that sounds, but the way that I mean it is this: we are both now living the lives that we were supposed to live, and they are not the same life. He's married with a kid and living in a major metropolitan area. I'm single, about to buy my first house on my own, working in a totally new field, and in the part of the world that I've always known was home. It was enormously difficult, but the best thing I could have done.
  • What's been the worst decision you've made in your life so far?
    every moment that I wasted trying to succeed at my last job, or (horrors!) to make my previous employer happy or satisfied. It was self-defeating and sucking the life out of me, every moment at a higher and higher cost. Finally realizing that I could leave, needed to, and would, were what saved me.
  • What words do you always struggle to spell correctly?
    "Amy", "history", and "factors"
  • On a scale of 1-10, how happy would you say you are?
    7 and rising
  • On a scale of 1-10, how smart would you say you are?
    9
  • On a scale of 1-10, how funny would you say you are?
    either 2 or 8, depending on my audience and how it's rolling
  • On a scale of 1-10, how devious would you say you are?
    9
  • On a scale of 1-10, how awesome would you say you are?
    3
  • On a scale of 1-10, how devilish would you say you are?
    7
  • On a scale of 1-10, how nice/caring would you say you are?
    5 (or 1 or 10, depending!)
  • On a scale of 1-10, how bitchy would you say you are?
    6
  • On a scale of 1-10, how polite would you say you are?
    HA! 5. Or 1. or 10.
  • On a scale of 1-10, how attractive would you say you are?
    6
  • If you could be any famous person who would you be and why?
    I have zero desire to be famous, but I'd love to inhabit Stephen King's brain for a while--and then be able to give it back. I think he's brilliant and terrifying, and that his books maybe don't scratch the surface of everything he's capable of thinking about.
  • What's your favourite animal beginning with the letter A?
    alligator
  • What's your favourite item of clothing beginning with the letter B?
    Bermuda shorts

[grabbed from here and carved into pieces; the title quotation is by Stephen King, from 11/22/63]

1 comment: