3.26.2017

there is never a time when new distraction will not show up; we sow them, so several will grow from the same seed

This is going to be a very busy week. Work as usual, a couple of appointments, a couple of extra work things, a couple of social things, and it's the last five days before I'll be off for a while. I have about a million things to do, and all I want to do are the other hundred that I can't quite get to.

But I did get some things done this weekend. I've finished my taxes, paid my bills, cleared some clutter, rearranged some furniture, thrown out some stuff that was taking up space, watered the plants, cooked some food ahead, made some jewelry, and caught up on sleep (a little bit).

I'm also migrating some email accounts. It's taking a LOT longer than I'd anticipated--who knew I had so much correspondence coming into what were essentially "throwaway" accounts when they began?--but I will eventually not have the yah00 accounts anymore. If you're emailing me through that route, get in touch so I can get you the new access point.

I am trying to get back into healthier habits. It's not easy after a couple of years' slide into more Cheetos and bacon than carrots and bran. But recognizing when enough is enough and taking steps to get back to it (like buying the damned carrots...) is a start. I've been exercising, slowly, getting back on the bike and lifting weights when I can. Moving furniture and books seems to have helped, too.

Anyway, this is likely to be another quiet week on the blog. April will be its usual noisy self, though, so stay tuned (if you're into that stuff) and all will change in about a week.

[the title quotation is by Seneca]

No comments:

Post a Comment