8.27.2015

you are the best one, of the best ones

Today was good, and bad, and strange, and a little sad, and sort of lonely. Birthdays reinforce feelings of affection and also of isolation. I suppose it mostly means that I'm spoiled with love and have too much time to wander around my brain looking for things about which to be sensitive.

This song ("Stolen" by Dashboard Confessional) has been running through my head most of the day...



...interspersed with the jingling of my phone and absolutely nonstop work for most of it.


It's weird to feel both lonely and overwhelmed by people, all at once.

It's wonderful to hear from a huge bunch of people, lots of whom are basically out of touch most of the time, wishing me a good day.

Birthdays are strange.

[the title quotation is from "Stolen"]

No comments:

Post a Comment