8.19.2015

you will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones at every dog that barks

I'm thinking too much about door locks and window seals and winterizing a sandpoint well. The progression of obsessions is not surprising--moving from finding a house to caring for it--but I'd dearly love for it all to just shut off for a while. Like, maybe until the financing is approved and I'm certain that this will happen after all!

The Mag-pie, stretching

Work has been a little odd lately. I think I'm dancing right on the edge of the dress code, which for me means my pants have been a little less "dress" and more "business casual"--though I tend to wear more professional blouses to compensate. I have gotten a couple of "Erk?" looks from supervisors in the area, so I won't be surprised if one of them puts the hammer down. It's been a good, comfortable run, anyway.

"it's been awhile
Since I've seen the way 
the candles light your face,
And it's been awhile..."

I finally finished The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up, and then digested it for at least a week before trying to review it. It's such a strange book!

An excerpt from my review:
I wanted to like this book. I wanted to be transformed by the simple, yet life-changing magic of tidying. I wanted to be swept away by the bliss of envisioning, and then living, the life I've always imagined, surrounded by all and only joy-bringing things.

I also kind of wanted to hate this book. I wanted to be so offended and dismayed by the arrogance and xenophobia of the author that I couldn't read one more line. I wanted to throw the book at the wall in disgust.

Spackle, stretching

My attention span is hummingbirdesque. Eensy. Wittle.

"You got a kazoo?
Man, this is crappy."

I don't even like superhero stuff, but that's pretty awesome.

Sister Magnatron, requesting a snack

Tomorrow (barring anything unforeseen taking my time away before then), I shall post the annual Birthday Gimme List. I know you'all are dying for it.

[the title quotation is by Sir Winston Churchill]

No comments:

Post a Comment