4.15.2008

one of those shuffly things

  1. You Send Me (Sam Cooke)
    • What comes to mind when you hear this song? "Slow dancing" at family weddings when I was little.
    • Rate the singer's looks out of 10? 8
    • What year was it released? 1958-ish
  2. Surprise (Semisonic)
    • Best instrument in the song? Guitar
    • Third line? "They'll look in all the familiar rooms"
    • Genre? Rock
  3. Wild Horses (Charlotte Martin)
    • Would it be good live? Yes, but it would make me sad.
    • What's the name of the album? On Your Shore
    • Last word? "away"
  4. Extraordinary Girl (Green Day)
    • Spell it without vowels: Xtrrdnry Grl
    • Write the opposite of each word in the title? Ordinary Boy
    • What sort of event would you play this song at? Dunno - it's a little neo-Beatles for my taste.
  5. Just Hip (James)
    • Is this song heavy or soft? It's sort of soft but fast. Almost Housemartinsesque.
    • Have you seen the artist live? I wish!
    • How many times have you played this? 7
  6. Back to You (Myra & Veze Skante)
    • Is it a well known artist? I don't think so?
    • How many songs do you have by them? 1 (just this)
    • How long does it go for? 4:15
  7. Everything I Have is Blue (The Smithereens)
    • Remind you of anything? Brian (BMB)
    • How would you dance to this? Only *very* drunkenly - Baryshnikov would look like a fish in death throes, dancing to this!
    • Did you buy it or download it? Buy (on CD)
  8. Cling and Clatter (Lifehouse)
    • Name the song something different? It Doesn't Really Matter
    • Does it use a riff or a chord progression? I have no clue.
    • Rate the album out of 10? (No Name Face) - 8. I like this a lot.
  9. The Stroke (Billy Squier)
    • How did you learn about this song? I was REALLY young when I first heard it - it was released in 1981, so I was 10/11. I remember hearing it at a family picnic (pool party) that summer, and OMG, I could have *died*. I was apparently familiar with male masturbation at that time. {{blush}}
    • Are there any meaning to the lyrics? Uh, yeah. (See for yourself, if you're unfamiliar.)
    • Describe the video: Voila!
  10. If Jesus Walked the World Today (Alan Jackson)
    • Seen any DVDs of the artist? Nope
    • Favourite song by him? Remember When
    • Any explicit lyrics? Not!
  11. The Pretender (Jackson Browne)
    • What would your best friend think of you listening to this song? She'd probably be pleased that it was something this mellow.
    • Your mum? Ditto!
    • Favourite lines?
      I’m going to find myself a girl
      Who can show me what laughter means
      And well fill in the missing colors
      In each others paint-by-number dreams
      And then well put out dark glasses on
      And well make love until our strength is gone
      And when the morning light comes streaming in
      Well get up and do it again
      Get it up again
  12. Day After Day (Def Leppard)
    • It comes on the radio, what do you do? Fall over in a faint, 'cause I can't really imagine it.
    • Favourite part of the song? Um, it's kind of derivative, really, but this is OK:
      I feel you, you're under my skin
      You look in the mirror, you know where I've been
    • Mood it puts you in? The mood to switch to the next track...
  13. I Hate Alternative Rock (Bob Mould)
    • Does it suit the number 13? Yes. This is anti-establishment at its best!
    • What would you say to the artist if they were here right now? "ILOVEYOU BOB MOULD!!! WE'REBOTHFROMMINNESOTA!!! IAMAGEEK!"
    • When would you listen to this song? When I don't have a headache and I'm in the mood to rock out with my, er, clock out!
  14. Don't Dream It's Over (Sixpence None the Richer)
    • If you could listen to one more song, would it be this? N.o.
    • What artist should cover it? Um, this is a cover. Which could not be called my favorite cover ever, by any means.
    • What do you think of when you hear the name of it? Crowded House, by whom it was written and first released.
  15. Don't Drink the Water (Dave Matthews Band)
    • Best part? Not wild about it. My favorite Dave Matthews stuff is the more mellow, depressed sort, rather than this type.
    • Best lyric?
      I live with my justice
      And I live with my greed in me
      I live with no mercy
      And I live with my frenzy feet
      I live with my hatred
      And I live with my jealousy
      I live with the notion that I don’t need anyone but me
    • Worst lyric?
      Now as I rest my feet by this fire
      Those hands once warmed here, but I have retired them.
      - Huh?!
  16. Just Checkin' (The Beautiful South)
    • How many times could you listen to it without getting sick of it? Maybe three. I have an infinitely high capacity for musical repetition, but...I dunno.
    • Spell the artist backwards? Htuos Lufituaeb Eht
    • How much would you pay to see it live? $25
  17. Why Can't We Be Friends? (Smash Mouth)
    • First word? Why
    • Last word? Friends
    • Put both in a sentence? Why are my friends so far away?
  18. Your Love is a Lie (Simple Plan)
    • What does this song make you think about? K
    • Remind you of any friends? Not so much.
    • What genre best defines the artist? Boy Band, though they're growing up nicely. Must be 'cause they're Canadian.
  19. 15 Steps (Radiohead)
    • Buy or download? Download
    • What's one thing that could be improved? This was my one big chance on Radiohead in general, and...I'm just not so fond.
    • What decade was the artist in their prime at? I don't really think I can answer that accurately. Anyone else want to take a crack at it?
  20. Wake Up Exhausted (Tegan & Sara)
    • What part of the song stands out? meh. It reminds me of Russ, which is just not a good thing.
    • How much do you love the artist? On a scale of 1-10, maybe 3. "Where Does the Good Go?" is an awesome song, though.
    • Has anyone in the band died? Nope.
[from The Cat {#141}]

No comments:

Post a Comment