10.13.2005

redefining Amy

I was driving home, listening to the new CD that I made for myself, thinking about this particular mix of songs and how they each mean something special for me, to me, about me. How they might, at the time that I created the CD, be said to come together as a sort of working self-definition. Call this a test if you want to, or think of it as a chink in the armour--a revelation, if you will. What follows are a few lines from each of the songs in my mix. I'll post the titles and artists on Monday when I return from a trip. If you want to guess them before then, please do; leave a comment.* Go ahead & Google them if you want to. Extra points for #12, particularly if you know why it's in brackets.
  1. "I keep thinking
    That you'll wake me up with a whisper in my ear--
    I keep hoping
    That you'll sneak in my room"

  2. "In the morning of the night
    When I woke to find you gone
    I knew your distant devil
    Must be draggin' you along"

  3. "Feels like reckless driving when we're talking
    It's fun while it lasts, and it's faster than walking
    But no one's going to sympathize when we crash
    They'll say 'you hit what you head for, you get what you ask'"

  4. "Somewhere in the world tonight
    Two lovers are treating each other right
    Somewhere else in a lonely town
    One lover waits an endless hour"

  5. "The stars are the greatest thing you've ever seen
    And they're there for you"

  6. "Did I give myself completely
    or did I hang on for too long?"

  7. "So I would choose to be with you
    That's if the choice were mine to make
    But you can make decisions too
    And you can have this heart to break"

  8. "How long have I been dreaming I could make this right
    If I closed my eyes and tried with all my might
    to be the one you need?"

  9. "that's another time,
    that's another town,
    that's another life"

  10. "You think you're gone
    but I'll see you again"

  11. "...to me flirtin' it's just like a sport
    anything fly it's all good"

  12. ["each time that your anatomy appears,
    in front of me,
    why doesn't this love understand
    hints, or reason?"]

  13. "I wanna be alone but you feel like home"

  14. "...if you want me to go
    You should just say so"

  15. "She has the power to go where no one else can find me,
    Yes, and to silently remind me
    Of the happiness and good times that I know"

  16. "I still miss you
    And now I wonder..."

  17. "Maybe tonight
    It's gonna be all right
    I will get better
    Maybe today
    It's gonna be OK
    I will remember"

  18. "I wanted it to last
    I wanted to grow old"

  19. "I could leave tonight
    And I would be all right
    Stop holding on..."
* I think Cat's already received this mix. If she has, she's disqualified from participating. Cindy will be, too, in a day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment