7.05.2008

a sort of esoteric version

  • HOW WAS YOUR DAY? Very quiet. [I'm writing this on Friday evening, 7-4-08.]

  • DO YOU FIND IT HARD TO CONCENTRATE SOMETIMES? Definitely

  • WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON TO HELP YOU? Debbie - we did a trunk-to-back-seat swap yesterday afternoon.

  • PLANS FOR TONIGHT? Watching the rest of the Cubs game, then taking a cool bath in the dark, and probably ending the evening with a book in my lap.

  • WHAT SONG ARE YOU LISTENING TO? No music: Cubs v. Cards.

  • ARE YOU A PART OF STUDENTS.AGAINST.DRUNK.DRIVING? Never was.

  • DOES SCHOOL IN GENERAL PISS YOU OFF? No. I find it an excellent method of social control, and when the inmates occasionally learn something, it is even more valuable.

  • DID YOU TAKE SCIENCE ALL 4 YEARS OF HIGH SCHOOL? Not even close. I took 2 years of Chem and a year of Physics, and if it hadn't been for Andy - my best friend and almost-love - I'd have failed the lot of it.

  • DO YOU WANT ANYONE TO DIE? No, but the alternative is a little freaky.

  • ARE YOU HOME ALONE? Yes

  • HOW OLD WERE YOU WHEN YOU HAD YOUR FIRST ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE? I drank myself sick when I was about 9 or 10, with my friend Jennifer. We probably had 2 sips, but it happened to be one of those "they won't notice if we take a little from each bottle" concoctions (including a healthy dose of Creme de Menthe - {shudder}). Drunk for real, I was probably 16.

  • WHO TOOK YOUR DEFAULT PICTURE? Mom or Dad, I suppose.

  • WHAT FAMOUS BANDS/ARTISTS HAVE YOU SEEN IN CONCERT? no comment

  • CLOSEST THING TO YOU THAT IS WHITE? The envelope from a hand-made thank you note from Coworker T.

  • EVER TRIED COCAINE? No

  • HOW MANY KIDS DO YOU WANT? I don't know. Maybe three? Maybe none?

  • DO YOU HAVE A GOOD RELATIONSHIP WITH BOTH OF YOUR PARENTS? We get by. It comes and goes.

  • ARE YOU ITALIAN? No

  • GERMAN? Maybe 1/200

  • IRISH? No

  • JAPANESE? No

  • DO YOU PLAY AN INSTRUMENT? I haven't in a long time. I could probably still struggle through on a piano.

  • WHY DO YOU LIKE MYSPACE? I HATE MYSPACE, and EVERY QUESTION THEREABOUT.

  • HAS IT EVER OCCURRED TO YOU THAT YOU'RE AN UGLY SHIT? Only when my siblings have pointed it out.

  • EVER LAUGH FOR NO REASON? Sure

  • FAVORITE TEACHER THIS YEAR? Still Seymour

  • HAVE YOU CURSED YET TODAY? I don't think so, but that's not too surprising considering that I've been by myself all day.

  • SKIP ANY CLASSES TODAY? No, but it would've been a good day for it.

  • LAST THING YOU ATE? Chicken and potatoes, for dinner

  • ARE YOU SKINNY? Not so much

  • WANT ANY TATTOOS? Yup - at least one more.

  • DID YOUR LAST KISS MEAN ANYTHING? Oh, hell yes.

  • WHAT DO YOU SMELL LIKE? Just me.

  • TEXT OR CALL? I'd rather text. I find it less intrusive. Still, a call every now and then....

  • HOW MANY COMPUTERS ARE IN YOUR HOUSE? Two

  • IS YOUR MOM'S NAME ANN? Not unless the people I've always thought were my 'rents have been lying for 37 years.

  • ANYTHING INTERESTING HAPPEN TODAY? meh. It's been pretty quiet.

  • WHAT DO YOU ENJOY DOING? Writing, reading, beading, walking in the cool air.

  • DO YOU OWN AN IPOD? Yup

  • DO YOU CRACK YOUR KNUCKLES? Occasionally. Always before a back rub.

  • HAVE ANY HOMEWORK? Yes. I need to write my 260/300 field explanation, and try to dash off a couple of evaluations that don't look like every other evaluation I've ever written.

  • EVER LIED? Never. Not even right now.

  • WERE YOU A CHUBBY KID? As a baby, I was roly-poly. By the time I hit toddlerhood, I was a little more svelte. As a child, I was downright skinny - the point at which I stayed until 9th grade, when stuff started popping out in all directions. I stayed at that level (what's the word for it? Probably "teenager-y stacked") until I was 24, at which time I started eating a lot. Incidentally, at that same point I stopped drinking. Huh.

  • LAST TIME YOU RAN? Wednesday morning, with Sam. I actually kept up the running for more than half the route, which was an awesome improvement.

  • WHAT COLOR IS YOUR KEYBOARD? Medium gray

  • ONE THING THAT CAN ALWAYS MAKE YOU LAUGH? My brother's odd, quiet, sneaky sense of humor.

  • WHO CAN YOU CONFIDE IN? Debbie. The Cat. Deb. And various other people, depending.

  • DOES IT TAKE A LOT TO LOSE YOUR TRUST? I have no idea how to gauge this.

  • WHAT ARE YOU WEARING? Gray cami, white lawn PJ pants. I'll be in this until I have to scamper outside to take the garbage out...unless there's not much traffic. It's a very lazy day.

  • EVER STEAL ANYTHING? Yup

  • WHO IN YOUR FAMILY DO YOU MOST RESEMBLE? The whole lot of them. In all seriousness, I probably look more like two of my cousins on my mom's side (there are 42 cousins in my family, so...) than I do like my sister. I personally think that I look a lot like my brother. Oh, and my niece - who gets called by my name a whole lot of the time.

  • TAKE ANY MEDICATIONS? Yup

  • 4 THINGS YOU CANT LIVE WITHOUT? Music, writing, kisses, and bacon

  • WHAT COLOR ARE THE STAIRS IN YOUR HOUSE? I honestly can't remember. Maybe brown?

  • ANYTHING GOOD IN THE MAIL LATELY? Nope

  • DO YOU READ FOR PLEASURE? Yes. Current titles:

  • LAST BOOK YOU READ NOT SCHOOL RELATED? See above. The Rich Part of Life is ostensibly work-related, but I would read it again for pleasure so that doesn't really count.

  • ANY UPCOMING EVENTS YOU'RE EXCITED FOR? I don't know. My mind is muddy.

  • HOW MANY PAIRS OF UGGS DO YOU OWN? I would not buy those things - or accept them as a gift - under threat of death.

  • IS PURPLE REALLY THE NEW PINK? This is just the stupid sort of statement made by people who wear Uggs.

  • WHAT ABOUT 40 THE NEW 20? BLEARGH

  • WHAT DO YOU THINK OF GETTING HIGH OFF OTC DRUGS? You do what you gotta do.

  • WHAT HAS BEEN YOUR LOWEST WEIGHT? 8 lb., 7 oz.

  • ARE YOU A VEGETARIAN? Ha. HA HA HA HA HA!

  • WHAT IS YOUR BEST PHYSICAL FEATURE? My feet are so fucking hot!

  • WHAT SCHOOL DO YOU GO TO? I am a student of life.

  • WHO IS THE LAST PERSON YOU IM'D? Probably The Cat. That's a safe bet, anytime.

  • DO YOU CRY OFTEN? No. Hardly at all anymore. It's starting to worry me.

  • WHERE IS THE LAST PLACE YOU WENT ON VACATION? MN

  • WHO DO YOU MISS? Robert.

  • DO YOU WEAR YOUR SEAT BELT IN THE CAR? Yes, always.

  • REGRET ANYTHING? Of course. Who among us...?

  • EVER HAD PNEUMONIA? Not of which I am aware.

  • WEARING ANY MAKEUP? No

  • HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN LOVE? Yes. Quite so.

[borrowed, in the eternal sense, from The Cat]

No comments:

Post a Comment