10.27.2013

good film, television, or music keeps you awake, anxious for the next movement or act, and wanting more when it is finished

I've been thinking more about the SAMs (see this post for detail), which spurs me to share the following list. It sprang from a project at work, where I'm seeing a whole lot of DVDs in a very short period of time. There were a few that I hadn't seen, so I started keeping track of those that I would like to watch someday. With absolutely no apologies for quality or thematic relevance, and in no particular order, here is my current "movies to watch" list.

Blue Valentine
From Dusk Till Dawn
Boondock Saints
An Education
Syriana
Walking Tall
The Tudors (television show)
The Flowers of War
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
The Switch
Unbreakable
Von Ryan's Express
The Last King of Scotland
Righteous Kill
Repo Men
Everything You Want
Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage
Meanwhile

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Offers for film festivals?

[the title quotation is by John Grooters]

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Does that mean that you recommend the 2000 movie starring Kirsten Dunst--or that you're up for a film festival? Because I think that a random sampling of the above movies at a Lock-In Thanksgiving Weekend would be, in a word, awesome! :)

      Delete
    2. That movie looks horrific. Was more leaning toward the lock-in option. ;-)

      Delete
    3. My only defense is that my knowledge of terrible movies is becoming frighteningly encyclopedic. I'll bring the brownies!

      Delete