2.01.2014

nothing ever goes away until it has taught us what we need to know

I was doing pretty well for most of January, but the wheels came off about a week ago and now I'm struggling to get back in the writing mode. The weather has been ungodly--a bizarre, extreme combination of snow and cold that seems never ending--which seems to be taking a lot out of everybody, not just me. Work is...work (plus some extra). And there are some health concerns, just to make it a little more stressful and agonizing and plain awful. Not really a time when plunking down with the laptop on my lap to let flow my feelings on the blog, anyway. I don't want to capture this moment for posterity.

Now that I've broken the seal, though, it should get better soon. Probably.

[the title quotation is by Pema Chödrön]

No comments:

Post a Comment