2.17.2018

faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens

  1. Does love come from the brain, the heart or elsewhere? it comes from someplace that no one understands. It's not exactly willful, but it is intentional. It's the best feeling in the world—but it's also the worst when it's gone.
  2. Have you ever given a shot? no
  3. If not, do you think you could give one to a loved one if you HAD to? yes
  4. Do you think you could give one to yourself? probably. I had low blood sugar for a while several years ago, and needed to test my blood several years ago, multiple times per day, to try and determine whether I was diabetic. Using my finger for a pin cushion was rough but not the worst thing I can imagine.
  5. Can you lick your elbow? no
  6. Come on, didja try? yes
  7. If I was going to be talking to you for 10 minutes, what would be something really interesting you know a little bit about but would like to know more? I doubt that the person who wrote this quiz and I could have a productive or satisfying ten-minute conversation
  8. If today was a holiday, what would it be? 'were' a holiday, not 'was'

    Today is allegedly "Random Act of Kindness Day." Pffft
  9. If you were making a mix tape, what would you HAVE to have one it? I have a mix CD in the works all the time. The most recent songs that I added were "Where Do We Go From Here" by Alicia Keys and "Rescue" by Uncle Kracker.
  10. What do you think of the Sopranos? I've never seen it, but obviously heard that it's worth seeing
  11. Can you name three good things about the society you live in? I'm not touching that one with a hundred-foot pole
  12. How about three bad things? likewise
  13. Have you ever had a crush on your teacher? yep, once, in college. The feelings were marginally reciprocated, but there was no untoward behavior.
  14. How about your boss? that made me grin. Yes, I was very fond of one of my bosses, a while ago. He was a lovely person, a dear friend. The crush was never acknowledged (in any way whatsoever)—and the friendship remains.
  15. What is the difference between acting like someone in high school and acting like an adult? one cannot "act like" an adult. It's a state of being.
  16. What is the difference between a Whopper and a Whopper Jr? I've never eaten either one. It's probably size? or parentage.
  17. Do you like...
    Moby?
    no
  18. Run DMC? hit or miss
  19. The Cure? yes
  20. Shakira? definitely. I haven't listened to her in a while, though.
  21. Blink182? there are 5 songs on my iTunes but they don't seem familiar
  22. The Pet Shop Boys? there are a few good songs
  23. Weezer? I went through a phase...
  24. Red Hot Chili Peppers? they were a gift, from Chris
  25. Nick Cave? nope
  26. The Pixies? not since junior high
  27. KRS-One? "Radio Song," with R.E.M.!
  28. Have you ever seen a movie in 3D? I don't think I've ever seen an entire movie in 3D, because there's something about that technology that reacts poorly with whatever causes migraines in me. Even regular movies can be pretty nauseating sometimes.
  29. Do you have what it takes to go live in another country, maybe for years, where you don't speak the language as your first language? I doubt it. I like to think of myself as adaptable,
    but I'm kind of a home-body.
  30. Have you ever died in your dreams? no, I always wake myself up before that happens
  31. Do you like...
    Douglas Adams?
    I've never read him, but I like the quotes I've read. I own a few of his books for Kindle; maybe I'll read them on my next vacation.
  32. Kurt Vonnegut? just like Douglas Adams, I've never read him but his use of language is impressive
  33. Tom Robbins? ditto the above
  34. Philip K Dick? nope
  35. Orson Scott Card? no
  36. What clothing size are you? it varies widely depending on the type of clothes. Definitely bigger than I'd like.
  37. What size do you wish you were? about 21.2% smaller than it is now
  38. Did you know that Marilyn Monroe was a size 12 (and lots of people think she's HOT)? yes
  39. Does science leave room for faith? I certainly hope so. An entire academia filled with those who believe in nothing but their own egos is incredibly dispiriting!
  40. Does faith leave room for science? definitely
  41. What book should our political leaders read and why? as long as they're reading, I'm good with it
  42. Why and under what circumstances are people more likely to buy brand names rather then their generic counterparts? most everybody has something...
  43. What is your favorite glass object? there's this ceramic skull
  44. Do you like to window shop? yep. I do way more "shopping" by flipping through catalogs and wandering around online than I do actually buying things!
  45. Have you ever loved someone so much it just turned to hate? my feelings about the Village Idiot turned out kind of like that
  46. What is arrogance? the inability to see oneself on equal terms with others
  47. Are you more liberal or conservative? yes
  48. Are you more likely to buy one really nice expensive outfit or a couple of cheap outfits? it depends on the circumstances. A lot of times the perfect outfit is one or two expensive pieces pulled together with less expensive base parts.
  49. If you could, would you wear everything once, throw it out and buy something new? God, no. I really don't like clothes shopping and I'd hate doing it that much!
  50. Do you believe that people have a responsibility to be...
    good to other people?
    yes
  51. good at their job? only as long as they want to keep it
  52. helpful to the earth (not litter, recycle)? yes
  53. aware consumers (not buy animal tested products, not buy products that were made in sweatshops, etc)? sure
  54. non-wasteful (not spend their money frivolously when they could save it to help others)? yes
  55. charitable (donating money, volunteering)? some
  56. Which of the above are you? most
  57. How do you feel about the Internet? it's a tool that can be used as a weapon under the wrong circumstances. Like knowledge.
[From the 5000-question meme; this is the first third of the twenty-sixth part (questions 2401-2433). The title quotation is by J.R.R. Tolkien, from The Fellowship of the Ring]

No comments:

Post a Comment