1.11.2004

The Last

Today was my last Christmas of 2003. It always goes like that; that's the plan, and it always feels nice to have one last opportunity to do the gift-giving thing after the rest of the holiday stuff is over.

I got lots of really great stuff. Some of it was "on my list", either on Amazon or that I'd written, or that I'd given in response to being asked specifically. Some of it was just people knowing what I'd like. Some things, though, were so out of the blue or completely not me that I wonder who the person was thinking of when they got them, because it obviously wasn't me. I should be more "centered" and less prone to being sensitive to this sort of thing, but it's still disappointing to me. When someone misses so utterly. Or doesn't care enough to try.

But maybe I'm just greedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment