3.21.2004

Book Review: Virgin Territory: Stories From the Road to Womanhood

    Title: Virgin Territory: Stories From the Road to Womanhood
    Author: Cathy Alter [compiler]
Review: This is one of those rare books (like The Brothers K and The Silent Miaow) that I would recommend to anyone, albeit in this case to anyone of the female persuasion. It’s not that I don’t think that men would “get it”, but there’s something that’s so inherently female about it that I think it should be “protected” for women and girls to enjoy and have as their own. This from me, a non-feminist! I laughed so hard while reading the first few sections, and the last few sections made me think and reminisce and wonder how it’ll be for me when…. I can’t imagine that it would be any different for anyone else. I want to buy a dozen copies of this book and send them to all of my good friends. What better way to say, “I know who you are, because in a sense, I’ve been there.”
Rate: 8 - some of the selections are weaker than others, but overall this is a wonderful, unforgettable book. Highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment