Today is a mental health day, or a sick-'o-work day, or whatever we'd like to call it. I'm not there now, and I'm not going there later. My day has consisted of the following, so far:
- Turn off the shrieking alarm clocks around 9:15. There wasn't much point in even trying to sleep that long, since the trucks and pallet lifter had been reversing for more than an hour by then. BeepBeepBeep, ad nauseam.
- Eat breakfast. I cannot function without either the substance of breakfast (e.g. cereal) or the promise of a major, making-up-for-the-wait breakfast (e.g. blueberry pancakes and bacon), first thing.
- Check my email (while eating). Personal messages from two friends, with one of whom I've been quite remiss in communicating. (Sorry!) Impersonal "quote-of-the-day" and comic strips (I subscribe to Dilbert, Calvin & Hobbes, and Peanuts), too.
- Take a long, hot shower. Long, because I finally had time to do it. Hot, because the warmer the shower, the cooler my apartment feels afterward.
- Braid hair in a sort of 3-part French deal. I think I might be getting too experimental with it, but it's staying up so I don't really care how it looks. ;)
- Dress: rose-colored camisole and khaki shorts. I have no idea whether I'll leave the apt. today, so there's no reason to be more covered than this.
- Brew tea, stronger than Guinness but a fair lot better tasting.
- Upgrade HaloScan.
- Hop on Blogger to proselytize about HaloScan.