11.13.2005

self-control

In a nod to Popeye, I shall try to confine these to one post per week.


Your exact opposite:
The Nymph

Deliberate Brutal Sex Dreamer

The Peach
Random Gentle Love Master (RGLMf)

Playful, kind, and well-loved, you are The Peach.

For such a warm-hearted, generous person, you're surprisingly experienced in both love and sex. We credit your spontaneous side; you tend to live in the moment, and you don't get bogged down by inhibitions like most women your age. If you see something wonderful, you confidently embrace it.


You are a fun flirt and an instant sweetheart, but our guess is you're becoming more selective about long-term love. It's getting tougher for you to become permanently attached; and a guy who's in a different place emotionally might misunderstand your early enthusiasm. You can wreck someone simply by enjoying him.

Your ideal mate is adventurous and giving, like you. But not overly intense.

DREAD: The False Messiah

CONSIDER: The Loverboy, The Playboy, or The Boy Next Door
Link: The 32-Type Dating Test by OkCupid - Free Online Dating.

I've always kind of thought that I was a peach, but now I have verification. Strange, though. I'm curious to know what others are. Robert? Popeye??

[Cat is The Sonnet.]



Your Element Is Fire

Your passion and emotion are as obvious as the brightest flame.

You make sparks fly, and your passion always has the potential to burst out.

You are exciting and creative - and completely unpredictable.

You sometimes exercise control, and sometimes you let yourself go.

Friends describe you as sensitive, spirited, and compulsive.

Bright and blazing with intensity, you seem mysterious and moody to many.

What's Your Element?

[Cat is air. Who knew?]


Your Monster Profile

Grim Doctor
You Feast On: Olives
You Lurk Around In: Nude Beaches
You Especially Like to Torment: Pop Stars

What's Your Monster Name?

[Cat is Basilisk Claw. I like my name better, and my lurky place is sooo cool!]

Congratulations! You are Katherine Parr.

Katherine Parr spent nearly her whole life married to crotchety old men: Henry was the THIRD old fart she was forced to marry. Is it any wonder she turned to books and religion to occupy her time?

Katherine wasn't just smart, she was a tiny bit uppity, too: she almost got herself thrown in jail for arguing with His Royal Fatness about some theological issues. After Henry croaked, Katherine dropped the prim and proper act and married Thomas Seymour, a handsome, dashing pirate kind of guy who was also as dumb as a post.

Which goes to show you that even bookworms know how to get it on.



Which of Henry VIII's wives are you?
this quiz was made by Lori Fury


[Thanks Cat (also Katherine)]


A to Z

From Cat:

[A is for age of first kiss:]
14

[B is for booze of choice:]
I choose not to drink, but, failing that, Blue Moon or Red Stripe (why colors?) beer or top-rail vodka with sour or lemonade

[C is for career:]
My current, I-fell-into-it, "career" is department head, in a libr*ry. That may change. Soon.

[D is for your dad’s name:]
My dad's first name is this guy's last name. However, he has always gone by this nickname.

[E is for essential items to bring to a party:]
My trusty digital camera, & Imitrex (prescription migraine medication). I just never know when I'll need either.

[F is for favorite song at the moment:]
"Someday" by Sugar Ray.

[G is for favorite game:]
I'm trying to train my self not to play games. However, in a pinch...Bounce-Out.

[H is for hometown:]
Winona, MN

[I is for instruments you play:]
clarinet (a long, long time ago), and (sorta) piano (and, as Cat said, 'things like 'em')

[J is for jam or jelly you like:]
Raspberry or strawberry jam. Grape jelly.

[K is for kids?]
Good question.

[L is for last kiss?]
16 hours ago.

[M is for mom’s name:]
My mom's name is the same as this lady's.

[N is for name of your crush:]
Mmm, Sleek. ;)

[O is for overnight hospital stays:]
Only when I was born. I'm a remarkably healthy hypochondriac.

[P is for phobias:]
Large and/or menacing dogs. Heights. Dying (how was it again?) "'old, lonely, desperate, and alone.'"

[Q is for quotes you like:]
Anne Lamott is one of my favorite authors, and her writing guide, Bird by Bird, is outstanding. Compulsively readable, funny, and very helpful, I've read it cover to cover twice. I've also copied out several passages that I keep coming back to because they say what I cannot put into words for myself. For instance:

"'Sometimes you run into someone, regardless of age or sex, whom you know absolutely to be an independently operating part of the Whole that goes on all the time inside yourself, and the eye-motes go click and you hear the tribal tones of voice resonate, and there it is--you recognize them.'"

[R is for relationship that lasted the longest]:
I've known my parents for as long as I can remember. They're awesome.

[S is for sexual preference:]
I do quite prefer my life with a sexual aspect to it. And, like Cat, I'll go so far as to state that my unwavering requirement is that it involve adult males (one at a time--and, really, only one) only.

[T is for time you wake up:]
Between 6:50 and 8:50 on the average day. (8:50 on my "late day" at work.) It's difficult for me to sleep later than 8, though. I'm growing up at last.... My parents must be so proud--or feel so vindicated!

[U is for underwear:]
VS only. My vice, for sure. I cannot tell more than that.

[V is for vegetable you love:]
Corn. Were it more convenient, I would eat it every day.

[W is for worst habit:]
I admit to having the Mens rea for homicide, particularly vehicular, regularly.

[X is for x-rays you’ve had:]
Hundreds, literally. Jaw (dental), head (migraine), shoulders (two separate incidents while intoxicated in college), elbow (tennis elbow), wrist and hand (de Quervain's tendonitis), back, each hip, and each foot. That I remember at the moment. There's also a few brain scans, and a 90-minute MRI of my head and neck. I'm probably radioactive.

[Y is for yummy food you make:]
Anything baked--cakes (and I decorate), cookies (friends will attest, I think?), scones, muffins. Lasagna. I make a killer Puerto Rican dish called Chicken Fricasee. I'm also pretty good with simple things like pan-fried steak in garlic butter. Oh, and thin pancakes. (I don't like the thick ones--I like them thin and rubbery. Don't ask me why, it's how it's always been.)

[Z is for zodiac sign:]
Virgo, of course. Don't I come off as the most virginal person ever??

No comments:

Post a Comment