1.02.2006

elderly

I've been doing this for 2 years today.

In other news, there is a persistent misperception running amok regarding the word "warm." The temperature where I am today is 39°, feels like 30°, (with intermittent thunderstorms). I have heard more times than I can count, "Isn't it warm today?" or "Man, it's so warm today!"

It's not fucking warm today. It's still cold as shit outside. While 39° is relatively less cold than the fucking ridiculous -25° that I encountered a week or so ago, it's still not "warm"!

Drrrrrrr!!!

So I'm working today, right? Well, I've been at work, anyway, which is more than nothing. It's a little bit hard to concentrate when I know that no one else in their right mind is at work today (I'm looking forward to the commentary on that little throw-away phrase!). And it's cold and wet outside and SWC isn't running today, so it's the perfect day to sleep until noon and then watch a movie with the world's leanest human furnace. We saw The 40-Year-Old Virgin and The Godfather this weekend. Very different, and both very good. Highly recommended. Once again, though--as with Goodfellas--we had Italian food during the viewing of The Godfather. I would recommend against that culinary decision. "Mmm, horse head & pizza. Yummy."

Leave the gun; take the cannolis.

My Attorney Registration & Disciplinary Commission registration fee (i.e. law license) was due yesterday. I wonder what happens to me, now that I haven't paid it? I mean, I'm going to register (online) before today is through, so I'd imagine that it'll all become clear before too long. But what a fucking scam this is. $90/year, year after interminable year, just for the joy of saying that I'm a lawyer. Woo hoo.

I talked to my dad on the phone yesterday, as we always do on Sundays. He was teasing me about never sending email anymore. I ended up defending myself, doing the "I've been busy" thing, when what I really wanted to say was, "I spent ten days living with you. Since then, I've been home for 5 days. What do you think I've been doing that I could possibly tell you about?!" Seriously, he does NOT want to know the details of my activities for that time period. That would be disastrous to his comfort level. And anyway, it's not as if my inbox has been overflowing with newsy missives from the north. I'm supposed to come up with this stuff on my own?

Sheesh.

Well. On that snarky note, I guess it's time to cram the rest of my PB&J on toast in and head back to the office. I was late this morning (woke at 8:19, arrived at 8:39. Only 9 minutes late, which I think is pretty damned good, considering!) and will need to make up that 9 min. (actually 15, since the fucking time clock rounds to the nearest quarter hour) after 5:00. Just so much more petty bullshit. Sigh.

Hope y'all are enjoying your day off. I envy you.

No comments:

Post a Comment