9.23.2006

5000 words (+)

I was in my hometown for about a week recently. This is a different angle on things:

from DKBN's backyard, of sorts

I met a very old friend for lunch. It's not that he's so old, but we've been friends since we were in 4th grade. Well, we met in 4th grade, and we're still friends. That about covers it. Anyway, this is my favorite of his tattoos:

and it makes him the anti-Dino, which is the truth in many ways

This is the obligatory Garvin Heights photo, though it shows only one of the lakes and so is atypical. I was also early for the color change, though I managed to catch some sumac (?) without having to fall off the side of the bluff to do it, making the picture a little more interesting:

it really is an island--see?

This is the building in which I took probably 75% of my classes in undergrad. It is very pretty now. I had tea with my mentor. Initially, he did not recognize me; "You look good. You look hot. You don't look bitter and angry like you did the last time I saw you." Um, thanks?

Minne with fur

Because I can sometimes be a flighty doofus, I had the rare opportunity to experience the Minnesota Welcome Center near Dresbach. I know that it doesn't sound like much, but the scenery is uniquely gorgeous and oddly peaceful, given the location. The 'patio' has a great view of Lock & Dam #7 on the Mississippi:

I still wonder, how can I live without this nearby?


More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment