6.24.2007

in defense of lethargy

  • I did nothing this weekend. No shopping beyond the bare minimum (groceries), no random drives to nowhere, no major blog shiftaroonies. Nothing. Hell: I only took one shower in 48 hours. It was a non-weekend-weekend.
  • There is a stack of CDs on my desk, waiting to be filed back into their proper spots in the CD racks. (I have, um, four.) I just noticed what a weird mix of stuff I've been listening to lately:
    ~ Staind, Chapter V
    ~ The Drifters, The Drifters Collection
    ~ "All James" (a mix of songs by the band James, created by me)
    ~ Toby Keith, Big Dog Daddy
    ~ Maroon 5, It Won't Be Soon Before Long
    ~ "Adelheide Rock" (a mix of songs created by my friend Adelheide)
    ~ Sugar Ray, 14:59
    ~ Death Cab for Cutie, Plans
    ~ Pablo Casals, J.S. Bach Suites for Cello Vol. 2
  • The Cat and I have been yapping about getting together "to go shopping" for quite a while. We need to do it soon, if for no other reason than so that we can trade the heaps of stuff that we've accumulated for each other during various IM and email torrents. Very frequently, I'll mention, "Do you happen to have a ___?" and she'll say, "Yeah, don't buy one!" Or I'll say, "Hey, I found an extra ___. Do you want it?" And she'll squeal, all girly-like, "Oooh, yes!" Now that we don't have convenient monthly meetings at which to exchange these items, they pile up. My dining room table has a very odd heap of Cat goods on it. Makes me wonder where the Gerb goods reside?
  • There was a pontoon boat in the parking lot of my apartment building this weekend. 'Noah, this is God.' 'Yeah, right.' It took me an astoundingly long time to realize that it was For Sale. Apparently $3200 will buy a honkin' big pontoon boat these days. Who knew?
  • In other photographic news, the plants are reproducing again. The teardrop peperomia has little curly leaves all over the place: baby peper The aloe has a bunch of new light green spikes: the vicious beasty with the sharp-uh teeth-uh and Ziggy has one [relatively] big sprout leftward facing sprout (it ganks off to the left, in the upper-left corner of the photo) and a bunch of tiny ones that are just starting to show: tiny sprouts on long stemtiny sprouts on short stem
  • I've really got to find something other than the damned plants (and the parking lot!!!) to take pictures of. I'm turning into some kind of...freak. Luckily, the lovely, take-charge Heidi is swooping in before long, to grab me by the hand and shake things up a bit. Mid-July, we will head to parts unknown for a little R&R, some moments of grace, boatloads of talking, lots of photography, and, no doubt, an adventure (or three). Much-needed.
  • Finally, an obtusely confidential congratulations to an unnamed someone, on five years of living with integrity and determination with regards to one aspect of life. Consider this a vote in favor of applying that principle to the rest of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment