9.15.2007

greetings from the land of abject humiliation

    My most recent alma mater has just defeated my second most recent alma mater on the football field roughly 7.57 miles from my current location. The green [winning] team is not known for its athletic prowess.
    Ugh.
    I spent the morning watching two pathetic teams play awful football until one of them limped across the finish line before the other, 21-19.
    Before that was over, the first game of a day-night doubleheader had begun, so I switched over to that. Despite my misgivings about certain of the unreliable relief pitchers, the good guys won the day game, 3-2.
    Before that game was over, another two terrible football teams started playing, in the Big House that's just down the street from the last place I lived in the Eastern Time Zone. The good guys have rather notoriously stunk up the Big Ten (and the rest of the NCAA!) this year, but that will change starting today. They're leading 17-0 with 12:50 remaining in the 2nd.    
    The night game [baseball] begins at 7:10. So much for getting anything accomplished today.

UPDATE (5:47 PM): big school defeats Notre Dame 38-0. Woot!
UPDATE (10:11 PM): The blue (i.e. good) guys lost to the red (i.e. bad) guys, 4-3, in what may have been the most boring game I've ever heard. Tho that may have been a function of the utter and complete sports overload that I achieved around 8 hours into my sports day. Which was two hours ago. Ack.

No comments:

Post a Comment