7.14.2008

way too revealing

  1. If you had the choice to spin around the sun, or walk on the moon, which would you choose and why? I'm not sure what 'spinning around the sun' would entail, and I'm not real hip on the idea of space travel, but...all else being equal, I'll take the moon. It seems cooler (in every sense).

  2. If you could share that experience with one person, who would that be, and why? I think I'd take it solo.

  3. What colour do you think best describes you and why? 330099. Why? Because it is the shade in which I feel most at home.

  4. Do you know what your element is? According to Blogthings, I am air.



    Your Element Is Air



    You dislike conflict, and you've been able to rise above the angst of the world.
    And when things don't go your way, you know they'll blow over quickly.

    Easygoing, you tend to find joy from the simple things in life.
    You roll with the punches, and as a result, your life is light and cheerful.

    You find it easy to adapt to most situations, and you're an open person.
    With you, what you see is what you get...and people love that!


    According to Quizilla, I am:

    Water.
    Whatever you do, where or when, you do it with all of your heart.
    You listen to your heart and all of your emotions are true, [not] acting.
    Friends are very important to you and you will do anything for them.

    You're the most dreamy of all 4 elements.

    According to allthetests (which had the best actual questions), I am:
    passionate fire.
    You are strong-willed and caring, though your temper tends to flare somewhat easily.
    Even so, you are caring and protective of all that you hold dear.

    According to Quizfarm, I am:

    What is your element/symbol?
    created with QuizFarm.com
    You scored as Moon

    You are the MOON.


    Air



    83%

    Moon



    83%

    Sun



    50%

    Water



    50%

    Fire



    50%

    Earth



    33%
    I think what this means, in the end, is that I am as confusing to others as I am to myself.

  5. Do you know your astrological sign? If so what is it? Yup: Virgo

  6. Do you believe that your dreams are a gateway to your soul? No. I believe that dreams are the potluck meal at the end of the day. They are Mental Leftover Casserole.

  7. What is your most vivid dream? I will not say.

  8. If you could be doing anything right now, what would you be doing and why? Receiving a gentle backrub from a guy who won't give them. Because my shoulders are sore and I'm missing him something fierce right now.

  9. If you could only choose one element to surround yourself with either a)wind, b)fire, c)earth, or d)water, which would you choose and why? Fire. I would rather burn and really know I've lived than just get by.

  10. Would you ever share you heart completely with someone else? No. Not only is it impossible, but I will never be that overwhelming with anyone again.

  11. Who runs circles around your mind? Depends. Sometimes it's a friend who's hurting. Sometimes it's my own selfish desires. Sometimes it's my parents, who I miss but who stifle me in ways that I don't understand - and that I know that they do not intend. Sometimes it's 4-legged creatures that I used to know.

  12. If you had to paint a self-portrait would you make it a) realistic, b) abstract, or c) you'd rather die than have to pick up a paint brush? Explain your answer. My self-portrait would look a lot like a Rothko painting: over-sized, abstract, moody, expressionistic, bold but not overwhelming. And definitely blue.
    something in the blue realm, I think, would be nice

  13. Which do you prefer more and why, a) natural light, b) candle light, c) fluorescent light, or d) moonlight? Moonlight. It's the best light to think by, since there's less distraction. It's a sign that peace is coming.

  14. Do you believe in karma? Do you even know what karma is? Of course I know what Karma is. Yes, I believe in it, to whatever extent is necessary to lead me to try to be more good than bad.

  15. How about fate? Are we all fulfilling a destiny here on earth? "Fate" is a nice idea, isn't it? Predestination, auto-pilot, hands-free driving. If I had a nickel for every time I made a bad decision that involved the word "fate," I wouldn't be eating Whatever's In The Cupboard right now and trying to do without things I need.

  16. Who is the most thought-provoking person you know, and why? r, hands-down. He is inspiring, frustrating, fascinating, irritating, hilarious, touching (without ever meaning to be), and absolutely dear. He knows enough about me that he could be dangerous if provoked, but he seems nearly unprovokable. He has enormous appetites, yet sates them in the most inventive, surprising, even reasonable ways. He makes me want to be a better person, so that I can live up to him - even as I realize that he is capable of the same sorts of things for which I excoriate myself. I love him to bits, and miss him more often than not, and am SO glad that we are friends.

  17. Who is the most inspiring and why? Er, apart from the above? If I was lazy, I would say Debbie, but she would poo-poo that shit right away.
    Mike. No one here knows him (or knows that they know him). He is a friend of mine. He is not taking the easy way through life, but nor does he deliberately make things harder for himself. He's a thinker, and also a doer. Sweet, salty, spiritual, silly, sexy, serious, soulful, surreal.... That's my inspiration.

  18. If you had to spend the rest of your natural life with only one other human being, who would that be and why? I have not met that human yet.

  19. Which sense could you not live without, and why? Touch

  20. Have you ever written on a mirror? If so what did you write? No clue.

  21. Have you ever written or drawn on another person? If so who, and what did you write/draw? I drew a [red] Sharpie eyebrow on a college classmate whose natural eyebrow I had recently removed. (He was unconscious at the time.) I'm sure that I doodled hearts & crap on my HS boyfriends, too, but that hardly counts. I think I wrote my phone number on someone's hand once or twice, before I was old enough to realize that to do so is incredibly lame.

  22. What do you wish on? Does it matter? Wishes are like dandelion fluff.

  23. Tell the person who sent this to you one thing about yourself, however big or small, that you've never told before. The Cat didn't send this to me, but she knows that I am often spurred by her answers to create my own. My big revelation to her: I do not own a salt shaker. How sad is that?!

  24. Right now is your life spiraling, or ascending? Why? Ascending, but in the sense that "it's got to get better than this" and that it's just hard fucking work right now.

  25. If you could change one thing you did in the last 24 hours, what would it be and why? I would forgo the beer I drank last night. I didn't need it, and it didn't do that much for me. I think I knew better.

  26. What can someone do to you that would turn you on fully, physically or mentally, or both? The potential answers to this are either *way* too much information, or incredibly pathetic and sad. I'll take the middle ground: listen before you speak (if you speak at all), and kiss me way more than you think is proper.

  27. Do you prefer sleeping outside beneath the night sky, or your cozy bed indoors? Why? Indoors. I don't like bugs or creatures that go bump in the night.

  28. What is the most beautiful thing in the world? bacon

  29. Name one person who's changed your life for the better. Johnnie- he was exactly what I needed and wanted, and he floated into my life so easily, and he was *there*. If you know me, you know what that kind of reliability means.

  30. Name one person who's changed your life for the worse. Johnnie- I will never find anyone enough like him to really be satisfied by a romantic relationship again.

  31. If you knew you were going to pass away within the next few days, what would be the last thing you say, and who would you say that to? God knows. I would spend so much time scrawling passwords and useless shit like that, I'd probably forget to say goodbye.

  32. Do you believe in heaven? If so what do you think it will be like? I don't know. Ask me when I'm not sad.

  33. Would you rather a) run through a sunflower field, b) jump inside a waterfall, or c) hike through the woods? Why? Jump inside a waterfall. I like to be wet. I don't like sunflowers (my sinuses are throbbing just thinking about it). And "hiking" sounds an awful lot like "running."

  34. What is your worst fear in the world? Being revealed as the fool that I know that I am.

  35. What is one thing that can make you smile no matter what mood you're in? My niece. The touchstone.

[from The Cat]

No comments:

Post a Comment