9.30.2010

curiosity will conquer fear even more than bravery will

  1. Share one thing that you learned recently.
    The word "architect" is being used as a verb in some sectors. Isn't that horrible?
  2. Share a quote that applies to your life right now, one that is helpful, or that is stuck in your head for some reason, or one that motivates you.
    “There is a prayer that is simply seeing through yourself, seeing your own nothingness, the emptiness impervious to self-assertion. A prayer that is the end of the rope. A helplessness, fathomless and terrifying. No matter how holy or well meaning you were when you started out, no matter how many fine experiences you had along the way, by the time you reach the point of this prayer, you want only to get out of it.
    “And God? God is that which will not let you out of it.”

    [Tim Farrington, in
    The Monk Downstairs]
  3. What is your favorite card game?
    cribbage
  4. Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one.
    That photo reminds me of two things, one concrete and one abstract. The concrete is probably less interesting (it reminds me of my bff's powder room). In the abstract, it makes me think of the sort of nervous that I get when spending time with someone who keeps me on my toes. The urge to take a moment, splash a little water on my face, and have one of those silent mental conversations. To chill.

[from The Cat, who reached far to get it here; title quotation by James Stephens, from The Crock of Gold]

2 comments:

  1. Several people called this photo "busy."

    LOVE the quote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not an abstract photo for me. ;)

    Have you read the book? I'd like to hear your take on the whole thing. He's a really good (i.e. thoughtful, not "easy") character, and he's stayed under my skin for a long time.

    ReplyDelete