- Have you, or has someone close to you, ever won an award for anything? (I just came from my dad's ceremony wherein he was given a medal of honor by the French government for service in France in WWII....)
Nothing that exciting! I won a writing prize during law school, and a couple of people close to me recently won their age groups in (running) races.
- Who is the nearest relative to you who has served in the US Military?
- Share something that stirs the patriotic spirit in you.
I am not what one might call "typically" patriotic. Reading history can affect me in certain ways that might fall into this broad category, I suppose?
- Where are you in the birth order in your family? Do you think your "placement" made a difference in your personality?
I'm the youngest child and the second daughter. Birth order had a significant effect on my personality. Rebellious, open, intelligent, spoiled, stubborn, abstract: that's me.
- Name one trait you hope you carry that was evidenced in your parents or grandparents.
- If female, do you prefer wearing a skirt or pants? If male, shirt and tie or polo?
depends. There are times when I adore wearing little girlie skirts and other very cute clothes. At the moment, I'm in terribly baggy cargo pants, a kind of sloppy tshirt, and shoes that could kill.
- Approximately how many times do you wake during the night? What do you do to go back to sleep?
depends. (I'm laughing too hard to complete this thought. Prehaps another day.)
- Share a favorite movie quote.
Maria: Not because you love me or anything like that?
Matthew: I respect and admire you.
Maria: Is that love?
Matthew: No, that's respect and admiration. [from Trust]
- What is your favorite Fall candle scent?
apple, no spice
- What is one Fall activity you're looking forward to?
hiding at Cat-Beast's to avoid P-Fest
- Tell us about a pleasant surprise that happened to you recently.
- What was it like when you first met your in-laws-to-be?
absolutely terrible. My spouse-to-be did not give me the advance warning that I'd requested, so when he turned off the highway I asked, "Are we close?" He said, "Yeah, sorta."
They never liked me. It was obvious from the first moment. Wanted him to be with someone more...sedate. Well, they've got that now!
[from The Cat, who got it here]