- Is there anything that you tend to do to cheer up when you are having a bad day? I don't see that "cheered up" is preferable to being in a bad mood, so I don't try to change the bad mood to a good one. In other words, I accept the bitter with the sweet.
- What’s the last card game you played, and with whom did you play? I think I played cards with Farmer E. and her groom-to-be. We tried to play one of the easy children's games but mooshed the rules (Crazy 8's with Old Maid, I think?) and ended up just mangling the cards and dumping sticky booze all over the table. In other words, a good time was had by all but we'd hardly remember the details.
- What’s the last board game you played, and with whom did you play? maybe Scrabble with my parents
- What’s the last computer game you played, and with whom did you play? probably one of the mindless FB games to pass the time while waiting for a load of laundry to finish tumbling. I've eased up so much from playing the MGs that I barely maintain a presence anymore.
- Is there somewhere you’d like to visit but have not, and where is it? the Emerald City, and Ireland and Spain
- Think of your favorite movie (or a movie you really like, if you can’t think of a favorite). Some people say that the reasons you love your favorite movie are related to what you value in romantic relationships. How is this true or untrue in your case? OK, so my favorite movie is The Professional. It is not a "romantic" movie per se, but I would argue that it is a love story. It's a love story between Léon and Mathilda (obviously), but also between Léon and the plant, and later between Mathilda and the plant. If you haven't seen it, you think I'm drunk off my ass right now. It really is a very powerful movie, and Natalie Portman is ridiculously good (and of course Jean Reno is outstanding).
But, "what you value in romantic relationships"? Hmm. That's a curious thought. There is no literal "payoff" in the romances that pervade The Professional. They are all chaste relationships, though they are also very fervent. If there is one outstanding feature that unites them all, it would be loyalty, above all else. Is that what I value most in relationships?
- What physical attributes do you find the most attractive? Intense eyes. An expressive mouth.
- How many people live in your house? Tell us about them. just us chickens.
- Ever punch someone in the face? no, but I did get to slap him once before it all ended. Makes me wish I could go back and do it again.
[from The Cat, who got it here; title quote by Léon (Jean Reno) from The Professional]