- Tell us about a time that you had way too much Jose Cuervo.
Two birthdays ago - only it was Patrón, not Cuervo, and I don't really remember much of it. I do know that I made a love-struck ass of myself before someone who [thank God] had no clue, and walked home in the rain, carrying my hat so it wouldn't get wet. Oy. This is why I avoid tequila.
- Do you agree with the following statement: "The older you get, the faster time goes by"?
Rumor has it that's true, something about gravity and some other blah blah. Having spent the majority of the past week waiting impatiently, I can tell you that it's definitely relative.
- What do you usually do during your "down time?"
read, sleep, write
- When it comes to the opposite sex, do you feel you have a grasp on 'em - or do they continue to just surprise you?
they're as elusive as Yeti
- What is your home town famous for?
It's the namesake of a kleptomaniac actress, home of the corporate headquarters of a massive screw company, has "five Catholic Parishes, twenty nine Protestant Churches, one Mormon church, and one Islamic prayer center", two seminaries--and 91 liquor licenses (that's one for every 335 people).
- How many romantic relationships have you had?
I'm not trying to be cute, but it really does depend on your definition of "romantic" and "relationship." Either way, though, the numbers are probably high enough to make anyone a little green about the gills. (See title quotation, by W. Somerset Maugham.)
- What's the best concert that you've ever been to?
Depeche Mode (opened by Nitzer Ebb, who were terrific, too), on the Black Celebration tour. Fantastic.
- Which famous person would you like to meet? Why?
David James Duncan. I would like to just be around the guy who wrote the best book I'll ever read.
- Has a newspaper or television reporter ever interviewed you? If so, what were the circumstances and what did you think when you read or saw what you said?
To my recollection, I have never been "interviewed" or quoted in any official media. That seems wise.