2.13.2011

to escape criticism - do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.

The last week's been pretty rough. My new car wasn't running properly; it had to be jump-started several times. I was late for work a couple of times. It was bewildering, frustrating, and eventually sort of humiliating. This is one of those stereotypical ways through which you find out who your friends are.

After all that, I'm in Minnesota for the next several days. There's no particular occasion apart from having some time off that needed to be used. It was a good time to be away; real life has gotten a little more real than desired lately.

I get the impression that some apologies are expected.

The weather is forecast to be unseasonably pleasant during my stay. If I remembered to pack my camera, I hope to get some examples to share.

[title quotation by Elbert Hubbard]

1 comment: