4.29.2012

They have stopped deceiving you, not loving you. And it seems to you that they have stopped loving you.

If I'd been thinking, I'd have packed the next few days' calendar pages. Hmm. Guess I'll catch up when I return.

Sooooo, I'm home again. Back in the bosom of the family. Treading the awkward waters of intergenerational turmoil. Yep, it's been weird already.

  • Outside my window…everything's dark. It's nearly 10:PM and has been raining steadily for a couple of hours.
  • I am thankful…for a fairly quick, quiet trip up here. Sundays are a toss-up, as far as what the traffic and construction situation can reveal.
  • In the kitchen…is my dad, poking around for post-"late night snack" "pre-bed snack" food. (He's a grazer.)
  • I am wearing…gray Kauai long-sleeved t-shirt, gray-and-white flannel PJ pants, and gray fleece slippers. It's colder than the dickens in here.
  • I am creating…a journal of all the poetry that I've posted on the blog. You might think I kind of liked poetry or something--this is going to take for stinkin' EVER! But it will be really cool once it's done. (Like it'll ever really be done.)
  • I am going…out for breakfast in the morning, where I am likely to eat enough carbs and meat to satisfy the average family of four. With blueberries on top. W00T!
  • I am reading…Jonah Lehrer's Imagine: How Creativity Works (in print) and George R.R. Martin's A Dance with Dragons (electronically).
  • I am learning…that there is no end to the lessons one can learn from defeat
  • I am pondering…the nature of love and friendship, what the word 'hope' means, and how many second chances it is possible to give before one can have nothing left in one's heart.
  • A favorite quote…"No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." [Terry Pratchett]
  • One of my favorite things…is the hug that comes with a visit with some of my especially good friends. Y'all know who you are. Those hugs mean everything.
  • A few plans for the rest of the week…include visiting some friends, a little shopping, continuing to stick to my workout schedule (gackkk), reading, sleeping, seeing my eye dr. on Wednesday, and returning to real life on Thursday.
  • A peek into my day…: up around the usual time; shower, dress; breakfast while checking email, blogs, FB, GReader (accumulation of posts for the week); finish packing; deal with garbage/recycling; pack car; buy gas; drive 4+ hours with overcast skies and sporadic rain; chat with parents; eat dinner; attend an informal meeting; return home; begin blogging.

[from The Cat, who got it here; the title quotation is Antonio Porchia, from Voces, trans. by W.S. Merwin]

No comments:

Post a Comment