10.23.2012

the guts carry the feet, not the feet the guts

expiate
All the shiny silver nuggets in the known universe could not expiate the wretched deeds that woman has done.
hubris
If one can diagnose one's own hubris, is it still hubris, or has it transformed to simple obnoxiousness?
scumble
Book covers featuring abstract art that had been scumbled were trendy for a short period, until people seemed to realize that blurry doesn't always mean better.

  • Have you ever written a song?
    no - poetry is hard, but lyrics and music would be almost impossible
  • Have you ever been in the opposite sex's public toilet?
    not public public, but, yeah
  • Are you superstitious?
    pretty much. Can't hurt.
  • What's the most daring thing you've done?
    once upon a time, I fell in love with the perfect man. Several months later, we met, face to face, for the first time. Somewhere, embedded deep within that story, is the most daring thing I've done.
  • Did you have a baby blanket? Do you still sleep with it?
    I did. I do not sleep with it any longer. When my kitties came to live with us when I was 12, I surrendered my baby blanket for their comfort.
  • Have you ever tried to cut your own hair? If yes, how’d it work out?
    no, I have not. My sister cut it when I was pretty little; that was enough for me.
  • Have you ever sleepwalked?
    not that I know of
  • If you could be any age, what age would you be?
    mid-20s. I'd love to not be an idiot as a 20-something.
  • What is your dream car?
    just for variety, I'll take an Audi R8
  • What is your favorite cartoon of all time?
    Calvin and Hobbes
  • If you were in a car sinking in a lake, what would you do first?
    get out of the car
  • Have you ever ridden in an ambulance?
    yes
  • How many foreign countries have you visited?
    zero - but I do have some plans regarding Tierra del Fuego, particularly Cilene del Faro Suites & Spa
  • If you fell into quicksand, would you try to swim or try to float?
    um, yes
  • Do you talk in your sleep?
    this is the rough equivalent of the sound of one hand clapping, or a tree falling in the deserted woods...
  • Have you ever slipped in the bathtub?
    only during extracurriculars, so there's really nothing to see here
  • If you could invite any movie star to your home for dinner, who would it be?
    Stanley Tucci
  • Have you ever re-gifted?
    some of my best gifts are re-gifts
  • If you could attend an Olympic Event, what would it be?
    table tennis!
  • If you could participate in an Olympic Event, what would it be?
    table tennis!!
  • If you won a $5,000 shopping spree to any store, which store would you pick?
    Target - and I'd probably run it out in a couple of months. (Of course, the same thing could happen if it was from Amazon....)
  • What do you think is your best feature?
    physically? My deep, soulful forehead furrows.
  • If you were to win an Oscar, what kind of movie would it be for?
    a documentary
  • Which of the five senses is most important to you?
    the third
  • Would you be a more successful painter or singer?
    I would have equally dreary prospects, were I limited to those two occupations
  • How many years will/did you end up going to college?
    ten, give or take-ish
  • Have you ever had surgery?
    uh, yeah. Once or twice.
  • What do you like to collect?
    teapots; scars; books with "Why" in the title; exes named Brian; Jet Li DVDs; poems about lost love; photographs of water; and black blouses
  • How many collectibles do you have?
    "too"

[from The Cat, who got it here; the title quotation is by Miguel de Cervantes, from Don Quixote]

No comments:

Post a Comment