11.07.2013

I have a life to live, and I need to live it in the best way possible

  • Most daring dare you have ever done?
    loving someone in the face of good reasons not to
  • When is the last time you did something you knew was wrong?
    every damn day I do that. My conscience tells me that it cannot persist much longer.
  • What was on your mind most today?
    this quotation--"The moment of that kiss contained every happy moment I had ever lived.” [Paulo Coelho, from 'By the River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept']--and its inspiration
  • Have a best friend?
    indeed. I also am a best friend, and not necessarily at the same time. Isn't the world of friendship confusing and amazing all at once?
  • If you were upset, who's the first person you would go to?
    depends who and what upset me, I suppose. Lots of times I won't go to anyone at all.
  • When was the last time someone yelled at you?
    I'm more of a "yell about" than a "yell at," these days, and that's a sad state of affairs
  • What have you done today, so far?
    I: listened to the furnace man run periodic maintenance on the furnace; got out of bed; got ready and went to work; worked (and therein listened to some nagging); came home and played with some sad kitties who saw their doctor today for periodic maintenance; ate delicious dinner with brownies on top; and attempted some serious correspondence, only to be met with a nonfunctional website midway through. That's all, so far.
  • What did last weekend consist of?
    preparing for the departure of the housemates, and then watching several movies while reassuring the cats that all was not lost
  • What are you listening to?
    "Bad for Me" by Megan & Liz just ended. "Carve Your Heart"--my old standby--by Dashboard Confessional is on now.
  • Who were you last in a car with?
    my friend Sara, who is never called Sara
  • Have you ever been called cute?
    probably. I'm sure it's been a while.
  • Describe how you feel right now in one word:
    pressured
  • Has anybody ever told you that you talk too fast?
    no
  • Did you have fun yesterday?
    no
  • Do you like to cuddle?
    yep, for all the good it does me
  • Do you think someone is thinking about you?
    perhaps, though they're keeping it close to the vest if that's the case
  • Are you stubborn?
    Hell yeah
  • Is there a friend, boyfriend/girlfriend, or ex that you will never forget?
    I won't forget any of them, such is the state of my memory and personality
  • Thinking back, are there people you have no idea why you hung out with?
    no, I'm pretty clear on why I did it
  • How's your heart?
    a little extra thumpy, actually. Thanks for asking.
  • Are you easily amused?
    I am, and not always at the proper time
  • Do you speak more than two languages?
    I do not
  • Are you doing anything tonight?
    this, and attempting that important communication once again
  • Is there a person of the same sex who means a lot to you?
    there are all sorts of persons who mean a lot to me, of varying definitions of gender
  • Is your hair naturally straight?
    my hair is, naturally
  • What happened at 10:00 AM?
    just work
  • What were you doing at ten last night?
    reading
  • Have you made someone happy today?
    I have reason to believe that I did
  • Is it hard for you to get over someone?
    that's certainly a theme running through my mind and my writing lately. Yes, it is.
  • Think it's disgusting when girls get really wasted?
    it's disgusting when anyone gets really wasted. Men, women, panda bears, robots, imaginary knights, comic book characters....
  • How long did it take you to get over your last ex?
    I suppose that remains to be seen
  • When you are home alone do you still close the door when you shower?
    I do.
[from The Cat, who got it here; the title quotation is by Paulo Coelho from By the River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept, and reads in its entirety:
“If pain must come, may it come quickly. Because I have a life to live, and I need to live it in the best way possible. If he has to make a choice, may he make it now. Then I will either wait for him or forget him.”]

2 comments:

  1. Cute? Heavens, no. Beautiful? Yup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dunno: you have your cute moments.

    Wondering about that extra thumpy heart: are those good thumps or bad thumps??

    ReplyDelete