- What did you dissect in high school?
only the behavior and motivation of myself and selected classmates--I went the Chemistry/Physics route and bypassed Biology entirely
- In what non-bathroom places have you relieved yourself?
woods. Fields. A golf course. (Oh, don't freak out.) The river. Not all that far off a highway.
- When you first understood the concept of sexual intercourse, what did you think of it?
that's assuming that I understand it even now, and some days, I'm not certain that I've wrapped my brain around the entirety of it
- If you're a neat person, what's something you're messy about? If you're a messy person, what's something you're neat about?
I'm sure I'm just the right combination of tidy and relaxed, so this is both easy and pointless to answer. My desk looks disastrous but I can usually find what I need in a moment. My bedroom (a.k.a. my home) would present a nightmarish challenge to anyone else attempting to make sense of it, but I could describe to the millimeter where anything is inside it. And my car is just plain sparse.
- What did you like best about high school geometry (the subject, not the teacher, classmates, or whatever)?
proofs. It's the only thing about math that ever made sense to me. I loved it, and if I could've gone on to do nothing but that for the rest of my educational life, I'd have been happy as a pig in slop.
- What item at a salad bar gets you the most excited?
thick-sliced hard-boiled egg
- Do some brands of bottled water taste better than others?
meh. I typically buy the same brand, but only because it fits nicely in the cup-holder of my car.
- If you could be employed in one of the technical jobs in film-making, what would you choose?
- How do you feel about couples (married or dating) having joint email accounts or joint Facebook accounts?
people in relationships do things like that for a variety of reasons, sometimes technological (they don't initially "get it"), sometimes practical (it just seems easier), and sometimes emotional (to keep an eye on each others' activities). I'm sure there are a dozen other reasons that I'm not even considering. Do I think that some of that is weird? Well, sure. But is it preferable to emotional cheating, clueless social networking, or other potentially damaging actions? Definitely.
- Which character from The Wizard of Oz do you best relate to?
lately, it's all about the lion--damn it
- What's on your toilet tank?
a toothbrush holder with eyeliner, etc. poked through the little holders, and a decorative cup with a toothpaste tube standing up inside
- What's on the dashboard of your car?
a wooden pig with a hole drilled through his...back?
- What's on top of your fridge?
1/8 box Honey Nut Cheerios and a box of peanut butter-stuffed chocolate bears
- What's on your front porch?
lawn chairs and a grill
- What's on your bathroom sink?
liquid soap, for messy children who can't operate standard soap
- How have you personalized your space at work?
there's a plastic duck on my scanner. And, of course, a razor blade in the paper envelope on the edge of my monitor.
- What's the most you've spent on one meal out, and was it worth it?
Close to $200/person. It was worth it.
- What's the greatest height you've looked down from?
Sears Tower in Chicago
- What animal have you seen in the wild that most people see only in books, in other visual media, or in zoos?
weird question. I've never really thought about it that way. I've seen a fox running through a suburb while driving to a mall near here. I nearly hit a moose, or prehaps an elk, while driving (to clear my head when incredibly pissed off at the individual who would later be my spouse) several years ago. My bonehead niece used to have a Pygmy hedgehog as a pet.
- Among songs in your iTunes, how many contain the word "eye" or "eyes," and which is your favorite?
133 hits. I'm going to have to give a top three. "You Can Close Your Eyes" by James Taylor. "World in My Eyes" by Depeche Mode. "In Your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel.
- Who looks nice but is actually mean?
me, or so I've heard
- Who looks mean but is actually nice?
The Rock, maybe?
- What are your thoughts on red velvet cake, or on the plethora of red-velvet-flavored stuff out there nowadays?
trendytrendytrendy turns me off
- What's the most ridiculous name you've ever heard for an actual band?
I'm not a fan of symbols
- Who in your life seems to be great at everything except romantic relationships?
he shall remain nameless, but knows who he is. If he reads this, he will recognize himself in that he knows what not to do by whether or not he'll want to tell me about it after he's done it.
- What's a really appetizing sound?
oh, I'm sorry--I'm laughing too hard to answer this sincerely
- Who in your life has a voice you really had to get used to?
one of my colleagues has a profoundly whiny voice, and a totally fake throat-clearing "cough" that still, years later, makes me want to punch her in the neck
- What's a sound you hear in your neighborhood that would puzzle newcomers but which you barely even notice anymore?
every Tuesday morning at 10:AM, the local Powers That Be test the emergency sirens, with zero warning. Seriously? When you move into town you might think that there's, say, an EMERGENCY. And every Goddamned Tuesday?! WTFE.
- A dentist's drill make a sound that most of us can barely tolerate, but it means something is being done for someone's well-being. What's another sound like that?
- Of the sounds you hear when out on a walk, what's the best?
absolutely. nothing. In case I'm not making it clear, I'm not a fan of noise. Period.
- What was the name of your college's sports teams, and what did you think of that name?
Warriors, Hurons/Eagles, Huskies. The Huskies are the "cutest", for whatever that's worth.
- What was your favorite thing about your college specifically?
- What was your least favorite thing about your college specifically?
fundraising efforts after graduation. Sick to death of being hounded by them.
- Where was the best place on your college campus (or near campus) to get lunch?
it's a toss-up between liquid lunch at Shorty's and chili-n-sticks at Happy Chef
- Where was the best place on your college campus to spend time alone with someone?
the back stairs behind the Winonan office
- Which of your college sports teams was the most competitive? Which was the least?
Warrior basketball doesn't suck. Eagle track and field always puts out some Olympians, as does their swimming. Huskie football does pretty well for a MAC school, too.
- What organizations did you belong to on your college campus, or what campus jobs did you have?
I worked in the AV department for all 4 years
- What was the best thing you could get from a vending machine on your college campus?
Coke and Snickers: breakfast of champions
- What’s something you did in college that your parents would have disapproved of?
there was quite a bit more illicit fornication (not that I would ever have engaged in such a thing!) than anybody's parent would have liked
- If you HAD to pick one, which of your college instructors was the hottest?
Uncle Neil by a mile
[from The Cat, who got it here; the title quotation is by William Shakespeare, from King Henry VI, Part I. Act V, scene ii]