8.21.2014

the world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering

When you want vanilla Greek yogurt, almond cream yogurt is a terribly poor second choice. Even with cut-up fruit to mitigate the taste differential, it's a sad comparison.


I couldn't get to sleep last night. A combination of a lingering low-grade headache, anticipation of the coming storm (which hasn't been all that life-altering yet), and an unfortunately timed car alarm blaring for about a half hour between 1:30 and 2:AM, I think, kept me from getting any real sleep until way too close to morning. There is something weighing on me--not a decision, but an unpleasant task that I must complete and have put off (not solely due to my own procrastination)--and that was running through my mind, certainly. I have finally figured out how to handle it, both through that thinking-without-consciously-thinking and after talking it over with a far-away friend today. I will write the letter tonight and deliver it on Saturday. Then it will be done and will not weigh on me any longer. Thank goodness.


It is very troubling to me that a former boyfriend resembles in no small way the iconic Tom Waits, at least as he appears on the following album covers and other photos.




He was pretty weird (the boyfriend, not Tom Waits), but had a sort of allure that's hard to deny even now.

I need to get out more.


[the title quotation is by Tom Waits]

No comments:

Post a Comment