9.09.2014

it's such a brilliant thing, isn't it?

  • What’s the last thing you experienced that could be called a reunion?
    the last time I was in Minnesota, I managed to run into a goodly number of people I haven't seen in years, or even a decade or so. Two of my aunts. A couple of cousins. Numerous friends. In a sense, that whole trip was a reunion.
  • When you spend time out with friends, how does your group handle the bill?
    lately, we tend to either go one-time-me/one-time-you or split-down-the-middle. I'm no fan of math and it all seems to work out in the wash. Friends are more important than money.
  • What are you picky about when you order something in a restaurant?
    Mayonnaise
  • When did you last spill a drink on yourself?
    it happens relatively often at work (I'm a clod with my insulated tea mug) but I don't remember the last time it happened anywhere else ... which pretty much guarantees I'll be wearing all my fluids for the foreseeable future. Thanks for that.
  • When dining out, what’s your approach to dessert?
    I don't have it all the time, but if there's a very small option (like Applebee's "shot"-sized sundaes) I'll go for it. Dining out is an opportunity to enjoy food that I don't bother to buy or make at home, which includes desserts, and I enjoy having them with friends.

[from my standard, who got it here; the title quotation is by Jamie Oliver, and reads in its entirety: “If you can eat with mates or friends or family, I mean, it's such a brilliant thing, isn't it? If you feel really rubbish and you have a nice bit of food it makes you feel good, you know?"]

No comments:

Post a Comment