10.10.2014

here is the secret of inspiration

"Inspired"

A light outside a library at the University of Southern California. We were having a whirlwind tour--had I been able to spend more time, I'd have waited until the center of the light (which moved freely) aligned perfectly with the post behind. That says 'inspiration' to me!


"Ten"

For my recent birthday, a friend gave me "a box full of money" including this $10. Oh, would that it were the real thing!
No music or poetry today. Too much to do, too little brain with which to do it. (And I'm already running a day behind.) Better tomorrow and onward.


[the title quotation is by William Feather, and reads in its entirety: "Here is the secret of inspiration: tell yourself that thousands and tens of people, not very intelligent and certainly no more intelligent than the rest of us, have mastered problems as difficult as those that now baffle you."]

No comments:

Post a Comment