2.15.2015

you'll do what you think you want to do, or what you think you ought to do. If you're very lucky, luckier than anybody I know, the two will coincide

[original posted here]

So you think you know your friends...

  1. If you could build a second house anywhere, where would it be?
    Miami (on the river)
  2. What's your favorite article of clothing?
    the black velvet, beaded vest
  3. What's the last CD you bought?
    Idlewild's Everything Ever Written, which I pre-ordered today
  4. What time do you wake up in the morning?
    during the week, the eternally disgusting 6:30. On the weekends, closer to 9:30 or 10.
  5. What's your favorite movie?
    Trust and The Professional [Léon]
  6. If you could play an instrument, what would it be?
    piano. I've tried for years and years but I'm merely mediocre.
  7. What's your favorite color?
    dark gray
  8. Which do you prefer, a sports car or an SUV?
    sports car--though not to insure
  9. Do you believe in the afterlife?
    sure
  10. What is your favorite children's book?
    Fox in Socks
  11. What is your favorite season?
    autumn
  12. If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
    clarity
  13. If you have a tattoo, what is it?
    there are ten at the present time. Where do we start?
  14. Can you juggle?
    not on purpose
  15. Who is the one person from your past you wish you could go back and talk to?
    Brian
  16. What's your favorite day?
    Friday, I suppose? It's the furthest from Monday.
  17. What's in the back of your trunk?
    a shovel and a duffel bag with sweat pants and an extra hat, scarf & mittens
  18. Sushi or hamburgers?
    burgers, for sure
  19. From the people you email this to: who's the most likely to respond first?
    if I were to email this to everyone I know, the only ones at all likely to do it too would be Cat & Skindee
  20. Who's the least likely to respond?
    again, were I to email this to every person I know, I'd be likely to receive the modern equivalent of death threats from about 10% of my contacts--and deservedly so
  21. Who did you receive this from?
    I think that the Cat did it first
  22. What is your favorite flower?
    Pamianthe peruviana (Peruvian daffodil, spider lily)
  23. Do you believe in love at first sight?
    I believe that it can happen.
  24. What would be your dream job?
    writing. Editing. Thinking.
  25. What is your favorite meal?
    chicken on a plate

[the title quotation is by Wallace Stegner, from Angle of Repose]

1 comment: