6.08.2015

flowers are so inconsistent! But I was too young to know how to love her

  1. If you could move one room in your house/apartment to another spot, which would you move, and why?
    If I could move rooms for real, I'd probably be more willing to consider building my own house rather than buying one already in existence. I do have specific ideas about how things ought to be--i.e., I'm picky, as I've been told a thousand times in the last four months--and it would be nice to just start out as I want it all to be. Life doesn't seem to be working out that way, though.
  2. Would you live in space if you could never come back to earth?
    never. I've zero interest in space, at all. I don't buy into the conspiracy-theorists' view that the entire space program is either (a) a colossal hoax, or (b) a complete waste of time, but neither do I want anything to do with it.
  3. What traditional stereotype would you classify yourself as?
    I'm pretty nerdy, but not in the vein of the hipster-nerd-Big Bang-types that are seeming to take over the world lately. Neither do I follow in the footsteps of the girl-power crowd. I'm just a preppy-dressing, smart-mouthed, never quite satisfied observer.
  4. Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one.
    Public Domain Photo
    I've always been a fan of vases. I think it was a subconscious power of attraction thing when I was a young teen, somehow working out in my mind that if I had them, there'd be flowers to match.

    That's not quite how life turns out, of course.

    I do still have a soft spot for vases, though, and am hard-pressed not to buy them in all shapes and sizes when I've got the chance.

[from the original source; the title quotation is by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, from The Little Prince, and reads in its entirety:

She cast her fragrance and her radiance over me. I ought never to have run away from her... I ought to have guessed all the affection that lay behind her poor little stratagems. Flowers are so inconsistent! But I was too young to know how to love her....]

No comments:

Post a Comment