7.07.2015

sometimes it's necessary to go a long distance out of the way in order to come back a short distance correctly

  1. What's the best piece of advice anyone has ever given you?
    "Don't get attached to the plan." As with all advice, it's easier said than done, but it's a worthy goal. It's all well and good to try and sort out your life, but pretending that you're in complete control is folly.
  2. If a loved one was to serenade you, what song would you most like them to sing?
    Hallelujah (the Jeff Buckley version)

  3. Would you ever let your parents pick out a partner for you?
    that is a very funny thought. I wonder where I'd end up? I suppose I would give their suggestions fair play, particularly if they came from one more than the other of my 'rents.
  4. Michelangelo's David...masterpiece or filth?
    my distaste for something doesn't make it "filth"--and, anyway, it is a masterpiece, in my mind at least
  5. Do you like other people buying you clothes?
    another funny thought, since it happens so very rarely. I've received some gifts of homemade clothes--mittens, scarves, hats, socks--that I could not love more. And I suppose I'm hard to buy for. Making allowances for size and whatnot, I would love to get clothes.
  6. What one device would you want to see added to a mobile phone?
    "unsend"
  7. Where do you see yourself in 10 years' time?
    I could not hate this question any more than I do right now. I find it the most pompous, overbearing, obnoxious commentary on the way one ought to live. HATE it.

    Hate it.

    Ugh.
  8. Do your dreams ever tell you to do anything?
    You mean, like, to kill?
    Not in my dreams!

    No, my dreams are a lot more vague and impressionistic, rather than realistic and straight-forward. When I remember them, it's usually a sense of having
    felt something, rather than having done/seen/understood something.
  9. Have you ever been to an Art gallery?
    I have, though I don't generally capitalize the "A" in art in that sense. Just last weekend, I was in a surprisingly snooty and expensive gallery in a very small town nearby. I saw a photograph there that I can't get out of my mind; I'm thinking of going back this weekend to buy it.
  10. Do you shout out the answers at the TV whilst watching quiz shows?
    I'm not much of a shout-er anytime, and I do try to be well behaved, but...yeah. I do.
  11. Are you a valuable asset on a Pub Quiz team?
    maybe? I don't tend to win Trivial Pursuit, but there are indeed some things that I know
  12. If you could bankrupt one person or company who would it be?
    how about a Middle East terror organization? I'm motivated to wish for that one to go under, literally and figuratively.
  13. If you could steal one thing without consequence what would it be?
    just one heart.

[borrowed from here and divided into many pieces; the title quotation is by Edward Albee]

1 comment: