- What's the best piece of advice anyone has ever given you?
"Don't get attached to the plan." As with all advice, it's easier said than done, but it's a worthy goal. It's all well and good to try and sort out your life, but pretending that you're in complete control is folly.
- If a loved one was to serenade you, what song would you most like them to sing?
Hallelujah (the Jeff Buckley version)
- Would you ever let your parents pick out a partner for you?
that is a very funny thought. I wonder where I'd end up? I suppose I would give their suggestions fair play, particularly if they came from one more than the other of my 'rents.
- Michelangelo's David...masterpiece or filth?
my distaste for something doesn't make it "filth"--and, anyway, it is a masterpiece, in my mind at least
- Do you like other people buying you clothes?
another funny thought, since it happens so very rarely. I've received some gifts of homemade clothes--mittens, scarves, hats, socks--that I could not love more. And I suppose I'm hard to buy for. Making allowances for size and whatnot, I would love to get clothes.
- What one device would you want to see added to a mobile phone?
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years' time?
I could not hate this question any more than I do right now. I find it the most pompous, overbearing, obnoxious commentary on the way one ought to live. HATE it.
- Do your dreams ever tell you to do anything?
You mean, like, to kill?
Not in my dreams!
No, my dreams are a lot more vague and impressionistic, rather than realistic and straight-forward. When I remember them, it's usually a sense of having felt something, rather than having done/seen/understood something.
- Have you ever been to an Art gallery?
I have, though I don't generally capitalize the "A" in art in that sense. Just last weekend, I was in a surprisingly snooty and expensive gallery in a very small town nearby. I saw a photograph there that I can't get out of my mind; I'm thinking of going back this weekend to buy it.
- Do you shout out the answers at the TV whilst watching quiz shows?
I'm not much of a shout-er anytime, and I do try to be well behaved, but...yeah. I do.
- Are you a valuable asset on a Pub Quiz team?
maybe? I don't tend to win Trivial Pursuit, but there are indeed some things that I know
- If you could bankrupt one person or company who would it be?
how about a Middle East terror organization? I'm motivated to wish for that one to go under, literally and figuratively.
- If you could steal one thing without consequence what would it be?
just one heart.
[borrowed from here and divided into many pieces; the title quotation is by Edward Albee]