9.13.2015

wherever you go for the rest of your life, it stays with you

  • Have you ever been to Legoland®?
    no, but I walked 'over' the Lego® Store at MOA earlier this summer, on the balcony above. It looked very, very fun--but also like it would have disturbed my Zen, big-time, to be there with all those other people.
  • Have you ever done something heroic?
    what does "heroic" even mean? I've never dashed into a burning building to save someone, or put pressure on a bleeding wound (except my own). I have called for emergency services a couple of times, and returned found objects, and lent some much-needed money. My 'heroism', though, if it is such, has been more on the order of making sure that the library was stocked with books about alcoholism, escaping and surviving abuse, healing after suicide, and that sort of thing. Making sure that people who need something have access to it.
  • Have you ever built a snowman?
    um, yeah. Once or twice.
  • Do you have any lucky items, objects or traditions?
    I carry a Miraculous Medal that was given to me by a former coworker. It does not have the same meaning for me that it did for him, but I feel better when I have it. There's also a certain pair of earrings that I always wear when I want to feel...confident.

    And I always grab a screw when I go over the railroad tracks. (Hey, get 'em whenever you can.)
  • Do you have any superstitions?
    besides the above? Hmm. I'm not fond of stepping on a crack in the sidewalk if it can be avoided. Does that count?
  • What's your favourite Movie quote?
    [again with the random capitalization!]

    "You go down to the bottom of the sea, where the water isn't even blue anymore, where the sky is only a memory, and you float there, in the silence. And you stay there, and you decide, that you'll die for them. Only then do they start coming out. They come, and they greet you, and they judge the love you have for them. If it's sincere, if it's pure, they'll be with you, and take you away forever." [from "Le grand bleu" (The Big Blue)]
  • Do you wear sunglasses indoors to look cool or stylish?
    nope. Running into things I can't see is never cool or stylish.
  • Are you a hat person?
    absolutely thought that said bat person. No, I'm not, but I absolutely love someone who is.
  • Do you prefer digital or rotary/analogue clocks?
    rotary clocks?!

    I think I have an analog clock around here somewhere, but I've adapted to preferring digital.
  • Have you ever been to a gym?
    nice. Yes--yes, I have.
  • Have you ever been wolf-whistled in public?
    only by someone I know, which makes me feel sad
  • Have you ever been approached by someone who knew you but you couldn't remember them for the life of you?
    it happens every couple of weeks lately. I keep running into people I knew back in school. They recognize me, but their faces have aged beyond my ability to recall them. (And everybody pretty much looks vaguely familiar here.)
  • What do you do to keep fit?
    I just stocked up on random exercise DVDs and a couple of pieces of equipment, using my "wellness benefit" at work. I don't mind going for walks and that sort of thing with other people, but for serious exercise I'm far more comfortable in my own home.
  • How often do you wash your ears?
    ...? Every time I wash my face and/or hair.
  • Could you go out with someone who had a child from a previous relationship?
    at this point in my life, it would be more difficult to find someone who's not got a child from a previous relationship. It would obviously require a lot of thought on everybody's part, because it's a big change for me, and who knows whether a parent would find me an acceptable influence on their offspring?
  • How much would it cost to buy your love?
    I think it's already spoken for, and at a remarkably reasonable price
  • What's the scariest thing you've ever done?
    ask me this question tomorrow and I'll have a different answer! For today, I'll say: leaving all I had and knew, to start a job in a field I don't understand.

[taken from here and divided; the title quotation is by Ernest Hemingway, from A Moveable Feast, and reads in its entirety--
“If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life, it stays with you, for Paris is a moveable feast.”]

1 comment: