- How tall are you?
- Do you have a hidden talent and if so, what?
yes, but I cannot reveal it for fear of Another International Incident
- What is your biggest blog-related pet peeve?
lack of proper attribution
- What is your biggest non-blog-related pet peeve?
over-loud, sing-song, baby voices from adults
- What’s your favorite song?
at the moment, "We Were Made for This" by Train
- What’s your favorite Etsy shop?
I haven't shopped at Etsy in years
- What’s your favorite way to spend your free time when you’re alone?
reading, watching movies, sleeping, baking, listening to music, writing, photography
- What’s your favorite junk food?
- Do you have a pet or pets?
I do not
- What are your number one favorite non-fiction and fiction books?
off the top of my head, The Brothers K by David James Duncan and The Silent Miaow by Paul Gallico
- What’s your favorite beauty product?
Dove Deep Moisture Night Cream
- When were you last embarrassed and what happened?
this morning; my weigh-in at the doctor's office could have gone better
- If you could only drink one beverage (besides water) for the rest of your life, what would it be?
if there were no adverse consequences (either because of the alcohol or the calories), I would choose beer
- What’s your favorite movie?
in the last week I saw two that I really liked: Tai Chi Master (with Jet Li and Michelle Yeoh) and The Lifeguard (with Kristin Bell). Very different movies, enjoyable for vastly different reasons.
- What were you in high school: prom queen, nerd, cheerleader, jock, valedictorian, band geek, loner, artist, prep etc.?
of those options, I was a nerd valedictorian band geek loner artist. I liked and excelled at Science, graduated 69th in my class of 384 (just better than 18%), was in band for 9 years, was reasonably social but craved time on my own or in very small groups, and enjoyed my art classes although I wasn't terribly skilled.
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
eh, here works
- PC or Mac?
why can't we all just get along? They are tools, for fuck's sake, and not separate planets whose air cannot mix. For Fuck's Sake, People. Get over your brand preferences and leave each other alone, GAAAAAH!
- Last romantic gesture from a crush, date, boyfriend/girlfriend?
the guy upon whom I've been crushing for what seems like forever is not given to romantic gestures, at least not in my direction. There are gestures, and there has been romance (in the past), but we are not those people anymore, and I've come to expect...less, from him. Whether that's right or wrong or sad or just as it ought to be, I suppose is a question of perspective.
The funny thing, though, is that I did receive a romantic gesture from a rather unexpected source just this evening. I had just arrived home and was reading my mail when my text phone chirped a familiar but rare tone--Ralph Wiggum from The Simpsons saying one of my favorite phrases. (I'm not sure that link will work, but my fingers are crossed.) It was the UPS guy from my former job, popping up out of nowhere to say that he misses me. Or, more accurately, to confront me with the knowledge that he cannot stop thinking about me and to ask why the Hell I had to leave.
I know, that's hardly Valentine's behavior, but given the source and also the dearth of romance that I see in the average day, it kind of got to me.
- Favorite celeb?
meh. How about that crow with the plastic lid, who slides down the roof? Or the cat with the flip-flop?
- Which blogger do you secretly want to be best friends with?
Pat Rothfuss - he does good things for people, and writes well, too
[randomly grabbed from here; the title quotation is from Tai Chi Master]