8.24.2016

wisdom is having things right in your life and knowing why

Day 24: "Contrast"
I keep this in a subtle place of honor in my bedroom. The plate came from Peru, a gift from my former father-in-law. The rocks were gifts from friends, and represent both home and more. The jewelry is some of my very, very favorite - I wear it so often that it can't seem to make it back into my jewelry box.
Back in the habit now of exercising more often, I'm paying the price in other ways. I haven't read in days, and the blog is showing signs of neglect. I suppose I need to get it tweaked so nothing is too far out of moderation. Soon.

This weekend is a birthday, and also the launch of a week of cat/fish/dog/house-sitting for D&R, who are on their way to Maine for a much needed vacation. As much as I sincerely wish I were going along, I'm glad they're getting away and cannot wait to see the pictures and hear all about it when they return.

There are a number of things that I would like to do before the weekend, including shopping (how can I be almost out of cereal again?), a stop at the library (I have a book on hold, surprise), and an attempt to find a shoe-repair place that works out of someone's home, which creeps me out a little. I also owe a few letters that don't seem to be writing themselves.... This will probably be another busy weekend and wild week to come.

[the title quotation is by William Stafford]

No comments:

Post a Comment