1.22.2017

don't get too deep, it leads to over thinking, and over thinking leads to problems that don't even exist in the first place

Days 21-22: symbol, soft
  • Are you sloppy or a neat freak?
    somewhere in the middle. I used to be a complete slob, but got out of the habit when I lived with other people. Now I get messy sometimes, but never truly sloppy.
    I'm also not truly 'neat'. I guess I'm a little structured in my organizational skills regarding my media (for instance, my History books are subcategorized by era, and within that, by military campaign or political organization or religious movement). But I'm soft on lots of it, sort of mooshing things into a spot "until I deal with them," which may never happen.
  • Would you rather have a trunk full of nickels or half a trunk full of dimes?
    can't I just get a check? I'll take it for the value of the dimes, because they (2.268 g) weigh less than half of the nickels (5.000 g). Leaving out the trunks' weight entirely, it would be the better deal.
  • What is the worst mistake you've ever made?
    starting this meme. Or breaking up with J.A. before prom to go out with B.N. Or getting my Chinese symbol tattoos, which I still love but are apparently so passé as to be ridiculous.
  • Are you in good health?
    apparently. Good enough to have been cleared for surgery, anyway.
  • Are you patriotic?
    I'm not sure that's a question that I can answer at this point.
Let's play fact or crap. Is it a fact? Or is it crap?
  • The greenhouse effect is bad for your health.
    fact
  • There are about as many molecules of air in one breath as there are hairs on your head.
    crap
  • The Miss America pageant started out as a contest in which people decorated wheel chairs and one chair was judged the prettiest.
    crap
  • To remove a tattoo a physician can place a small balloon under the skin, which is inflated so that the tattooed skin gradually stretches. Then they cut the stretched skin away.
    crap
  • Cock fighting is a sexual sport.
    fact
  • It is the warmest time of the day during the hour that the sun is the highest in the sky.
    fact
  • Certain scientists specialize in studying cow farts.
    fact
  • The brilliant colors (reds, oranges, yellows) across the sky that we get from sunsets are caused mainly by pollution.
    crap
  • In Grimm's original fairy tale, Rapunzel is pregnant.
    crap
  • Dracula was the first movie about a vampire.
    crap
  • The inventors of Corn Flakes, the Kellogg brothers, ran a school for delinquent youth.
    fact
  • "Kemo Sabe" means "soggy shrub" in Navajo.
    crap
  • Sir Thomas Crapper invented the toilet.
    crap
  • The Earl of Sandwich invented the Sandwich.
    crap
  • Some Chinese alchemists were trying to invent an immortality medicine and accidentally invented gunpowder instead.
    crap
  • The human body is made of about 99% water.
    crap
  • Bubble gum contains rubber.
    crap
  • This survey to the zero power = 0.
    fact
  • Most lipstick contains fish scales.
    fact
  • There are 86401 seconds in day.
    crap

[this is from the 5000-question meme, of which this is the third third of the fifth part; the title quotation is by Jayson Engay]

No comments:

Post a Comment