- How often do you change your mood in a day?
that depends on the day. Today was the most mellow Saturday I've had in a long time, quiet and, by lots of other peoples' standards, dull. I cleaned a little, wrote some letters, read a lot, cooked actual meals (twice!), and generally did exactly what I wanted, all day long. My mood was essentially the same throughout the day--very good.
Compare that with a regular day (when I'm at work) and the answer is very different.
- When you ask people how they are doing you actually care about their answer or is it just polite?
some of that question is just the social lubricant--but I'm not really into that level of interaction, so usually when I ask the question, I really mean it.
- Would you consider yourself to be very polite?
I can behave in a polite manner. At heart, I am a decent person, good and loyal to the people that I care about. That's probably enough.
- Do you like movies and books that involve nuclear holocaust?
that is not a topic that I would seek out, no
- Have you ever had a lucid dream (a dream in which you knew you were dreaming and had complete control over what happened in the dream)?
yes. I dream regularly, and the topics and events are all over the map. Some are lucid, some are fanciful, some are bizarre, some are romantic, some are completely unmentionable, some are comic and hilarious. You name it: I've probably dreamed it.
- Have you ever had a flying dream?
yes, I've had flying dreams. Not like I was flying/soaring, but I've been in airplanes or on birds.
- Have you ever had a lucid flying dream?
- What's the oddest law you ever heard of?
I'm a licensed attorney. If there is an odd law that anyone's ever heard of that they haven't hilariously pointed out to me as an example of how ridiculous and pointless the law is, I'd be amazed. Americans are, by and large, contemptuous of lawyers--maybe especially when they know them personally. (I'm sorry that my education is so directly offensive to you. Really.)
- What is the ultimate way to connect with another person?
surgery? Or maybe swallowing really strong magnets.
- Can you be intimate with someone without touching him or her?
- Can men and women ever really be 'just friends' with no interest in anything more?
- Are you addicted to this survey like drugs?
not even. It has become a reasonably amusing method of keeping the blog ball rolling, but trust me when I say that I can quit anytime.
- If your significant other wanted to wait for marriage could you hold out or would you leave them (or would you cheat)?
were I in a relationship, my significant other would not want to wait for marriage. It's just not going to be an issue.
- What's the longest sentence you can make using only words that start with the same letter as your first name?
Amy and Adam are audacious and artistic.
- If you had a theme song what would it be?
Love Love, Kiss Kiss (Alkaline Trio)
- Are you cranky?
- Which group generally annoys you more, people older than you, or people younger than you?
I do not discriminate on the basis of age
- Do you refer to older people as old farts?
- Do you refer to younger people as the kids?
yes--but only ironically
- Which is better: poems that everyone can relate to or poems that are intensely personal to the author?
the intensely personal. I've never been one to care about bestsellers.
- Is it worse to be too hot or too cold?
- Are you so flexible that you can put your feet behind your head?
I can touch my feet to my head. I'm no longer flexible enough to sit with my feet behind my head like I used to, which bums me out severely.
- Would you enjoy reading fairy tales written about robots?
- Is smoking a turn on or gross?
neither one. It's a habit for some people, and an addiction for a lot of people, and a weapon for a few others. I don't hate it, and I'm not dismayed or horrified by it, just kind of annoyed sometimes. And every once in a while, it makes me wistful and lonesome for a life I used to lead.
- What is the one way you wouldn't want to die?
I'd really rather not pretend to choose one method over another.
- Which would look sillier on you: A cowboy hat or a Rasta hat?
a Rasta hat, by far. Which makes it kind of funny that I've got one (sort of), that I love. But I also have two cowboy hats (one tan straw and one brown with turquoise beads on the band) that are very cool.
- Would you rather have a job doing something indoors or outdoors?
indoors, of course
- Would you rather learn more about human nutrition or meteorology?
oh my heavens, please let it be anything other than nutrition. I spend half my day listening to a guy whose nickname is Protein Balls blather on and on about the number of carbohydrate micrograms he's ingested in the past year and the overall fat-to-sodium ratio in his organic bean crisps--and it's all I can do not to start shrieking about orthorexia.
Besides, meteorology is very cool!
- Have you ever taken honors courses?
nope. I took maybe two "challenge" classes in high school and one "Advanced" class in college. The standard track was good by me.
- What do you think of crop circles?
- Where do they come from?
the one above, at least, came from nature
- When was the last time you screwed up big time?
maybe when I had an interview at the hospital that didn't go as poorly as I'd thought. I should have pursued that more fervently.
Personally, though? October.
[[this is from the 5000-question meme, of which this is the first segment of the ninth part; the title quotation is by George Harrison]