- You have a choice. What do you eat: a veggie burger, a turkey dog, or a cheese sandwich? the cheese sandwich - grilled, please
- Do you get a lot of random instant messages? not since I disabled instant messaging on my email accounts. It happens on FB now and then (sometimes I answer, often I set it aside to do later and neglect to get back to it), and it's the reality of SC.
- Do you have a paper journal also? I do. It contains vastly greater depth, but prehaps less breadth, of content, than this space has.
- VHS or DVD? I still have one movie on VHS, several on DVD - and considerably more virtually
- Vinyl, cassette tape, or CD? I own some vinyl in an alternate location. My cassette tapes all broke or wore out ages ago. I sold off 90% of my CD collection a year ago in the garage sale. The majority of my music collection (which is almost stupidly large) is virtual, too.
- Have you ever seen the video/heard the song "Days Go By", performed by Dirty Vegas? I hadn't heard of it before. Judging by the lyrics, it isn't much.
- MTV: should it play more videos or more shows? they have, at times, had a decent mix of videos and live shows. I haven't watched the network in so long that I have no idea where they are now - and since I'm not in their target audience (to put it mildly), it really doesn't matter to me.
- Name a band: Sister Hazel
Do fans of that band tend to share any characteristics with each other? definitely. They call themselves 'Hazelnuts' and are a little kinder, more demonstrative, and positive thinking than most people.
- What does the expression 'touch and go' mean? likely but not guaranteed. It comes from an airplane landing metaphor, I think?
- Caffeine or alcohol? caffeine
- Betty or Veronica? Veronica
- Archie or Reggie or Jughead? Reggie
- What book are you reading right now? I just finished C.K. Williams' last book of poems, Falling Ill, and reread Jennifer E. Smith's The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight. I started and put away Heart of Stone by James Ziskin, but I'm ready to get into that again. It's from his Ellie Stone Mystery series--I'm sure it will be good.
- Is the news too depressing? 'depressing' is not the first word I would have chosen, but it is true, too
- Would you rather have a stuffed lion, elephant, pig or duck? lion
- Are you late for a very important date? probably. It seems like there's always something that's likely to be missed if I'm not careful. (Yes, I get the reference.)
- Ever use *69? not since I was first living on my own and freshly creeped out by people being people
- Is everyone as smart as you? sure. I mean, most people have something that makes them extraordinary; in that, I am not unique. I'm writing that tongue-in-cheek but the feeling is sincere. The idea of being "smart" is both useless and slightly abhorrent to me, particularly when it is self-identified, so it's much better shared.
- Have you ever seen the musical Annie? yes
- Sheets: silk or satin? neither. That sensation makes bad-shivers run up my spine.
- Bath: soap or bubbles? sure
- Your best color: blue or red? either one, as long as it's closer to a 'jewel tone' than either pastel or "bright." I have acquired too much pink and light blue and definitely too much navy in my wardrobe to this point, but am improving that over time. Clearer colors - sapphire and ruby - 'wake me up.'
- What's your favorite candy? caramels
- Can you sing? I can, and I do, but not with others around me unless I trust them extraordinarily
- It's the end of the world, as we know it. How do you feel? meh
- You take your little sister (she's 12) shopping for school clothes. Mom gave you the money to hold. She picks out a skimpy top emblazoned "Hottie" and hip-hugging pants that leave at least two inches of skin north and south of her navel exposed to the wind. She insists: If she doesn't have these clothes, she'll look awful, the other kids will tease her, and she’ll feel like a nerd.
Do you think she should or should not wear these clothes? not
Do you buy them for her? no
- What do you think is the most annoying cliché? "most annoying" is like "most dead" or "most pregnant." There is only cliché, or not.
- What band is underground right now but will one day get really popular? I'm sure that I am not maintaining an interest in current music such that I could tell such a thing. Maybe the Sheepdogs? Or Elbow? Though it's only American xenophobia that could convince someone that they're 'underground' and not really popular.
- Of the following which word best describes you: versatile, wonderful, extra special, your own best friend, zany versatile, I guess
- What does BYOB stand for? bring your own bottle
- Who is sexiest: Marilyn Monroe, James Dean, Elvis, Jim Morrison, Madonna, Cyndi Lauper Jim Morrison. I used to think it was James Dean, but that particular brand of ego and self-destruction does not appeal anymore. And my only conscious memories of Elvis are of 'fat-Elvis.' So, by default: Jim.
- Do you always do what's expected of you? less and less, as time passes. Thank God and pass the Cheetos.
- Do you believe everything you hear on the news? almost never
- Would you prefer a $100.00 gift certificate to Hot Topic or Abercrombie & Fitch (assuming neither store gives change, so you'll have to spend the whole thing)? Abercrombie. I could buy a new white shirt! or some baggy dude-jeans.
[From the 5000-question meme; this is the second portion of the ninth part; the title quotation is by Sophie Kinsella, from Confessions of a Shopaholic]