5.20.2017

it's about getting up, getting well, and getting over. Getting happy, okay? Getting happy

  1. Are you very...
    Nervous?

    sometimes yes - the last couple of weeks have been intense and a little sickening
  2. Anxious?
    again, not generally but at times
  3. High strung?
    not usually
  4. Organized?
    not to a fault
  5. Tense?
    maybe more than the previous four attributes...
  6. Rigid?
    I hope not
  7. Skeptical?
    yes
  8. Do you perceive reality differently from others?
    of course. I think that we're all skewed a little differently.
  9. How?
    I'm both open-minded and skeptical, thoughtful and doubtful, hopeful and afraid.
  10. If you asked someone, “Do you masturbate?” and he or she says, “No,” would you assume he or she was lying?
    that would depend on the person - though it's not a question I would likely ask someone who would be likely to lie to me about it!
  11. What do you blame things on?
    I hope I only blame the responsible party?
  12. Do you want to be naked and famous?
    one but not the other
  13. Ice Cube or LL Cool J?
    each has his unique benefits. I prefer Ice Cube's music and LL Cool J's acting.
  14. What are your feelings about rap music?
    some of it is excellent. A lot of it I either don't understand or strongly dislike - as is the case with all genres. I would not place it in my top five favorite genres, though.
  15. Cypress Hill or Roxy Music?
    Roxy Music
  16. BSB or N'sync or NKOTB?
    NKOTB, I guess, though none of them do a damned thing for me
  17. Debbie Gibson or Paula Abdul?
    Paula Abdul
  18. Eminem or Kid Rock?
    Eminem
  19. Weezer or the Get Up Kids?
    Weezer
  20. If you could solve just one of the world's problems, what would you choose to solve?
    heartbreak
  21. Would you make a good...
    Counselor?

    no. I'm far too selfish.
  22. Visual artist?
    no. My hand-eye coordination is lacking.
  23. Teacher?
    no. I'm too impatient.
  24. Pilot?
    no. Science is yuck.
  25. Secretary?
    it depends on the circumstances
  26. Cashier?
    no. Math is not my strong point.
  27. Waiter or waitress?
    no. See, e.g., Visual artist and Teacher.
  28. Veterinary assistant?
    no. See, e.g., Pilot.
  29. Office manager?
    ha, no.
  30. Stage manager?
    no. Theatre people are fucking irritating beyond measure!
  31. Actor or actress?
    no. See above.
  32. Sales girl or guy?
    no. See, e.g., Teacher or Cashier.
  33. Pizza delivery girl or guy?
    no. I like pizza too much.
  34. Film director?
    hmm
  35. Business man or woman?
    not precisely, but it's a thought
  36. CEO?
    nah
  37. Surgeon?
    HA! No.
  38. Fire man or woman?
    no, I'm not physically or mentally strong enough to do that.
  39. Cop?
    no - same as firefighting
  40. Do you check condoms to see if they are expired before using them?
    no, I walk on the wild side every single day
  41. Imagine you are in school and a person of the opposite sex you barely know asks you really nicely for a ride home from class (yes, you have a car). It's out of your way. Do you say yes?
    it totally depends on the circumstances. Everybody lies, after all.
  42. Let's say you said yes. S/he hugs you. What is your reaction?
    that depends on whether there's a creepy vibe or a friendly one. If this is some big lumbering dude who hugs me and picks me up off the ground, I'm out of there before you can say Buh Bye. If it's a kid my own size who gives me a tiny social pat, then I'm cool with it.
  43. As you drop him or her off s/he hugs you again and thanks you for being such a nice person. What do you make of all this?
    once again, all I can make of it is what it seems to be at the time. If my Spidey-sense is roused, then I'm likely to clip them with the car as I drive away. If it's no big deal, then it's no big deal.
  44. Are you interested in post-apocalyptic (post-nuclear war) movies?
    meh
  45. What is the saddest movie you ever saw?
    The Big Blue (Le Grand Bleu) and now, for different reasons, Dead Poets Society
  46. What is the saddest thought you can think of?
    Ugh. Just, no.
  47. Who is the most horrible driver you know?
    the worst driver I've ridden with in a while is my new colleague, Moe. He takes the wheel like a 15-y-o boy drives a golf cart, both enthusiastic and (physically) jerky, like he's seen it done but isn't quite sure how to do it. We were making our way across the river to the snooty 'fish house' (it's ... a thing, in these parts), through what turned out to be nearly 70 mph winds, torrential rain, and periodic hail. The windshield wipers were squealing back and forth, against the wind in each direction. And all the while I was sitting in the back seat of the SUV (which is the color of pumpkin baby food), thinking, "If I die tonight, it will have been for the worst of all possible reasons."
  48. Are you a sexist in any way?
    sure
  49. How often do you check your email?
    not very often, in and of itself. My phone notifies me when something's arrived. It's a blessing and a curse.
  50. How often do you check your diary for notes?
    again, I've got a subscription - so my blog sends a message to my email, which arrives on my phone
  51. If you had to read a biography about someone, who would you pick?
    "if I had to"? it's not my primary go-to, but I'm not afraid of biography. I'm thinking about reading Stephen King's On Writing, which is not precisely a biography but is close enough for this example.
  52. Which of your friends and relatives has the most interesting life story?
    that made me snort. There are so many examples! Possibly the Bitcoin guy, or maybe Mr. "I'm Passionate About Legalization." One of my law school classmates has turned into someone I never thought she'd be, and that transition is fascinating. But it's probably DDG, who has lived lives both wonderful and devastating, and remains (mostly) sane, who takes that title.
  53. What's the matter with kids today?
    what's NOT the matter with kids today? Get off my lawn!
  54. How do you feel about censorship?
    I get why it's so appealing - but I can also see, over time, why it doesn't accomplish what is being attempted with it. And how it backfires. And why it, in the end, causes more dissent and forces out more information and news than would have been disseminated otherwise. So it's just foolhardy and ridiculous, in the modern world.
  55. What was on the last CD you burned?
    a mix CD for the lovely LG
  56. What movie should be released on DVD but hasn’t been released yet?
    it's not a movie, but the late 90s television show Homefront. That was an amazing, life-changing show - and whomever owns the domestic distribution rights to it is a complete idiot for not getting it out there.
[From the 5000-question meme; this is the second quarter of the fourteenth part. The title quotation is by Stephen King, from On Writing]

1 comment:

  1. I snorted aloud at the "Get off my lawn" comment. Our neighbor, age 14, is currently mowing our lawn. So, please do NOT get off our lawn. ;-)

    ReplyDelete