7.29.2017

a happy poet is insufferable

  1. Do you ever get the feeling people are laughing at you? only when I'm trying to be funny
  2. Who's the one person you'd like to drop a house on? my heart is so heavy right now.
    There's an easy answer to this question - but it's also the wrong answer.
  3. Have you ever been swept off your feet? yup. More than I could ever reveal.
  4. Tell me why you don't like Mondays: Monday is the safest day of the week. I love Mondays now. I hope that I never underestimate that feeling again.
  5. In the Harry Potter series, the books seem to be getting darker and more serious with each new release. Do you like this change or do you prefer the story to be light? I haven't read more than incidental lines, paragraphs at most, of that series. That being said, darker would typically appeal to me more than lighter would.
  6. How often do you update your diary? lately, most days, it's been twice a day
  7. What do you mostly write about in your diary? if you have to ask...
  8. How many quizzes and/or surveys do you have in your diary as entries? ah, I forget that in this context "diary" is blog. So, I update sporadically, I write about whatever I'm thinking about at the moment, and I use surveys and quizzes as prompts when I need inspiration.
  9. What is your writing style like? that's one of those unanswerable eye-of-the-beholder questions
  10. How honest are you in your diary? there's a difference between "honesty" and "total disclosure"
  11. Why do you write in your diary? motivation varies. Sometimes it's pure communication. Sometimes it's distraction, like therapy. This has been a sort of home for my thoughts for a long time. It seems natural to be here.
  12. Do you ever chat online? can. Don't, very often - but can.
  13. Have you ever met someone from online? I have
  14. How'd that go? surprisingly well, considering. Not an unmitigated disaster, anyway.
  15. Have you ever caught a mistake in a movie? I watch a lot of movies. Mistakes happen.
  16. Have you ever seen that munchkin who supposedly hangs himself in the Wizard of Oz? If yes, how/when should someone look for it? no?
  17. If you had to give yourself a letter grade (A, A-, B, B-, C, C-, D, D-, F) for things how would you grade yourself on: Happiness: C-
  18. Being a decent human being: C
  19. Being serene (calm, peaceful): C
  20. Kindness: B
  21. Anger management: B
  22. Creative thinking: A-
  23. Modesty: B-
  24. Being an original: A
  25. Knowing yourself: B
  26. Being true to yourself: C
  27. Getting along with others: C
  28. Liking yourself: C
  29. Admitting your flaws: B
  30. Self improvement: B-
  31. Are you kinky? this is hardly the time and place..
  32. How would you feel if twice a week you could wake up next to the person you love? I would sell my soul.
  33. Out of all the people you know who is most likely to be one of the great minds of our time? one of my oldest friends is an artist. Someday, the world will know.
  34. Have you ever been to: church? of course
  35. Temple? yes
  36. A bar? once or twice
  37. A house party? yep
  38. A rave? no
  39. A goth club? feh
  40. A punk show? not exactly?
  41. A hip hop club? sort of
  42. What sounds like the most fun out of that list? a bar
  43. So far, have you changed around any of the questions on this survey? probably 1/5
  44. Are you crying on the inside? Hell, I'm crying on the outside
  45. Are you afraid of the future? nah. It'll happen whether I'm afraid or not.

[From the 5000-question meme; this is the second quarter of the fifteenth part. The title quotation is by Rabih Alameddine]

No comments:

Post a Comment