7.12.2017

adult life ... is a slowly emerging design, with shifting components, occasional dramatic disruptions, and fresh creative arrangements

So. It's been a while, huh?

I'm not sure that I can explain why I've been away, except that it's both the usual and some unusual reasons. The new job is completely different from anything I've ever done before, keeping me wildly busy and outright scared a lot of the time. Challenges and learning are good--this is taking it to the extreme.

I've also been rehabbing my bathrooms (yes, both of them at the same time). It made sense from a logistical standpoint, but not from a financial one. Paying for all of it at once, in addition to the bill for my tonsil surgery, is turning out to be devastating. In fact, I'm currently looking for a second job. More about that when it happens.

Finally ... there's a person. Who means a lot. Disruptive and troubling, and I don't know what to do about that.

Anyway. I did not mean to be gone for so long. I intend to be back, though obviously there are no promises. If anyone is still here -- thank you (again) for your patience.

[the title quotation is by Jill Ker Conway]

No comments:

Post a Comment