1.04.2018

is it possible not to ever know your type--not to even know you have a type--until quite suddenly you do?

  1. Do you save things for special occasions or is everyday a special occasion? saving anything is a waste. Live your life.
  2. What is one thing you are terrible at? being truly patient
  3. What's your favorite:
    rap song:
    "Joy and Pain" by Rob Base & DJ EZ Rock
  4. country song: "If Ever I Could Love" by Keith Urban (according to iTunes, anyway)
  5. industrial song: don't know that I'm a fan?
  6. cover song: "Superman" by R.E.M.
  7. punk song: "Love Love, Kiss Kiss" by Alkaline Trio
  8. odd song: "Come Closer Together"--a mashup of the Beatles "Come Together" and Nine Inch Nails' "Closer"
  9. What do you get your teacher or your boss for the holidays? ornaments and a sarcastic notepad
  10. Do you like to read books by Virginia Woolf? the only one of her books that I've read is "A Room of One's Own." It was important to my intellectual development, but I didn't love the book and probably won't read it again.
  11. What is your favorite TV show from when you were a kid? the first that came to mind is M*A*S*H--and it's still the best
  12. What is now proved was once only imagined. [William Blake]
    What do you imagine?
    happiness and contentment
  13. What has been passed down through at least two generations to you? shadowy blue eyes
  14. Do we live in a particularly bad age for romance? yes - ironically, the behavior I'm currently exhibiting (social media obsession) is the primary contributing factor
  15. Have you ever cheated on someone? I have.
  16. Do you believe that once someone is a cheater they can never be trusted? not exactly
  17. Have you ever gone:
    Christmas caroling?
    no
  18. pumpkin picking? yes
  19. on a hay wagon ride? yes, but it's just called a "hayride"
  20. on a romantic Valentine's Day date? I was married for 12 years; there was a date or two then (and others besides)
  21. to a New Year's Eve party? yup, and some good ones!
  22. to a Memorial Day parade? yes, and even participated in a few
  23. to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade? eeew, no thank you
  24. to search for gold coins on St. Patrick's day? is that even a thing?
  25. Have you ever done any modeling? sort of. In college I posed as a concert pianist (in a formal gown), as a "typical college kid" at a table in the library, and as a chemistry student in a lab coat. My payment was a little too much of the wrong kind of attention from the guy who took the photos.
  26. Would you consider yourself to be psychologically damaged? absolutely. Of course, so are most other people.
  27. How aware are you of the reasons behind your actions and words? 83%
  28. What is the sickest you ever drank or drugged yourself? it's been a while, but I've been passed-out, nonsense-talking, throwing-up, hung-over drunk more times than I could ever count. It's nothing to be proud of or to look back on fondly, but it's part of that multilayered past that's made me who I am.
  29. Would you prefer it if clothing was optional? oh Christ no. Nudity is really, really overrated most of the time.
  30. What is one interesting fact about you? today I was given three compliments: I was referred to as "an honest attorney" (by one of the executive team), "the best" (by a colleague who I admire greatly - and who happens to be f'in gorgeous) and "very good" (by my favorite direct coworker). I'm a sucker for unexpected compliments.
  31. Are more people depressed because they are alone, or are more people alone because they are depressed? yes
  32. Have you ever gotten a mug, t-shirt, key chain, etc. that was personalized with your picture? uh, no. Though that reminds me of when someone I know had a number of pictures, mugs, mousepads, magnets, etc.--with the same photo--in their house. The effect was profoundly disconcerting, and unintentionally hilarious. I can't think about the person who was photographed without snorting with laughter.
  33. What was the last thing that you experienced for the first time? Wow. That's a tough one. I guess I'll say, I signed my will a couple of weeks ago, after meaning to do so for a long, long time.
  34. If you were going to die tomorrow and you were leaving a postcard for someone to read after you were gone, what would it say? 'I have loved you for a long time, and always will'
  35. If you were about to be executed what would your last request be? just do it
  36. What kinds of people do you find intimidating? only the ones that I love
  37. How much conviction do you have in your feelings and beliefs? 55%
  38. In your house where is the:
    Crazy Glue?
    I don't own any. There was that one incident when I was supposed to fly to Vegas...
  39. flashlight? there's one in nearly every room!
  40. Out of everyone you know, who has the most personality? Bailey
  41. If you could go back in time to experience a musical movement or era, which one would you choose to live through? the 1950s
  42. Do you suffocate people with your love? selectively, yes
  43. Do you feel your life is charmed? it has its moments
  44. What character do you identify the most with from Winnie the Pooh? Owl
  45. When do you do your best thinking? between 10:PM and 2:AM
  46. What motivates you? curiosity, affection, and discontent
  47. Look back at all the people you've dated. Has there been a pattern? not overall, but definitely some shorter term phases.

    I'm out of that right now, for sure.

[From the 5000-question meme; this is the second third of the twenty-second part. The title quotation is by Jennifer E. Smith, from The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight]

No comments:

Post a Comment