1.06.2018

there are many things in your heart you can never tell to another person

  1. Things change, but what will always remain the same for you? I love roast beef & gravy, I'm no good at science, and I'm not a morning person
  2. Is divorce something you would ever consider, or do you feel that marriage is permanently binding? it is something I would "ever do." I absolutely think there are worse things in life than ending a bond that was entered into voluntarily 
  3. What's the strangest movie you ever saw? "American Me" freaked me out and gave me constant nightmares for six months. There's no film that I regret having watched as much as that one. Very strange.
  4. If you could go into virtual reality and set up your life there to be perfect and it would seem real but not be real, would you trade your life now for the virtual life? Yes.
  5. Does it seem like life is more difficult for you than for anyone else? not "anyone" else - but sure, lots of others
  6. What are you grateful for? heated blankets, backyard bunnies, and weekends off
  7. What was a choice that you didn't want to make but you had to? there are some things that I can't talk about, even here, and one of those is a choice that have had to make nearly every day for nearly a year. Hard, and mostly right, and troubling.
  8. Have you ever had dental surgery? more times than I can count. My baby teeth were embedded in bone, so they didn't fall out like most kids'. I had to have them removed, surgically. I spent lots of time with the oral surgeon as a child.
  9. At what point exactly are you grown up? ironically, I had a conversation with an old friend about this just yesterday. We agreed that one way you realize you're an adult is when you can drive while sobbing.
  10. If there was a weight loss procedure that would destroy your ability to taste food so you wouldn't be tempted by junk food, would you have it done? no
  11. What is one thing that happened that you never expected? uhm, I suppose the fact that I'm thinking about taking the bar exam... again...
  12. If you called one of your friends and they said, "It's nothing personal but I don't want to talk to anyone right now," would you take it personally? of course. The "it's nothing personal" bit is passive aggressive. If you don't want to talk, just don't answer your damned phone.
  13. What is your favorite girl's name? Sparkles
  14. Do you ever feel guilty for being more fortunate than others? globally, but not specifically. 
  15. If you had to wear a shirt with one word on it for a year, what word would you choose? "quiet"
  16. You drop 10 pounds of feathers and a ten pound bowling ball off the top of the same building. Which will hit the ground first? simultaneous hitting. Physics.
  17. Even though you may never get what you want, are you happy because you're trying? close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades
  18. If you started a petition what would it be about? nert
  19. When was the last time you asked someone to do something and they said no? I'm sure it was at work
  20. Do bad things happen to you on Friday the 13th? no more than any other Friday
  21. What's your favorite:
    Madonna song?
     "Live to Tell"
  22. John Lennon song? feh
  23. Michael Jackson song? "Man in the Mirror"
  24. Doors song? "Love Her Madly"
  25. Rolling Stones song? "Satisfaction" - though I'm no fan
  26. David Bowie song? "Under Pressure" (with Queen)
  27. Elvis song? "Suspicious Minds"
  28. If you had started a relationship with someone and they said that it would be best if no one knew about it just to see how it goes, would you be offended? no, I would be glad to have been saved the trouble
  29. Do you know any self defense? just my natural abrasiveness
  30. How about CPR? I'm familiar with it, but not certified
  31. If you had to look into a mirror and see your naked soul stripped of all delusions and pretenses (Neverending Story style) could you handle it? I suppose? I don't know. I sometimes feel like I'm focused too much on my inner self and wish I could turn it off for a while. Other times I realize that, however closely I've been looking, there's something obvious that I haven't seen.
  32. Are you a genius? hardly
  33. How did you find out that Santa Claus wasn't real? I'm pretty sure that can be laid on my siblings. I don't remember it, but I've got a good guess which one it was.
  34. Which is your favorite tarot card? never experienced it, so I have no idea
  35. Does the internet separate people or connect them? both, sometimes at the same time
  36. Have you ever written a letter to a soldier? yes, but I was in actual correspondence with a sailor over a couple of years
  37. Does pain and fear make you feel alive? not in so many words. I think it's more like the experience of having felt (past tense) pain or fear leaves an effect of exhilaration. It's not the actual emotion but going through it and getting out the other side that does it.
  38. Are you:
    good looking?
     not particularly. I'm ... not unpleasant.
  39. thin? nope
  40. happy? sporadically
  41. successful? in a sense
  42. confident? sometimes
  43. Are you decisive or wishy-washy? in the ways that usually matter, I'm decisive. In one particularly painful way, I'm wishy-washy like Charlie Brown.
  44. Do you feel pop stars should be morally responsible to set a good example for their fans? definitely. When you choose a role in the public eye, you ought to accept the bitter with the sweet. 
[From the 5000-question meme; this is the third third of the twenty-second part. The title quotation is by Greta Garbo]

No comments:

Post a Comment